seabelt and lights warning noises not working

rossyjr

Reaction score
managed to leave my car a full day with the sidelights on last week, not sure if it is just since then but i am getting no warning noise at all to say my lights are still on when i open the door?

also the seatbelt warning noise isnt working? are these two linked in anyway?

thanks

the same speaker behind the dash

is it likely to just be a fuse or will ineed a new speaker, haev just found some another threa about corrosion inside the actual door lock on the PCB.!

i dont think its fused
and im sure it could be in the cluster (prob wrong tho)

Mine hadn't worked since I got the car then I replaced the small speaker on the rear of the cluster as Bez suggested, all good now and only coast a fiver from a guy on the classifieds. Takes about 20mins to replace, dead easy if you have basic soldering skills.

it is easy to change
but why have that noise
i turn it off on every car i have

I would think if you get the visible warning on the dash of a door being open when driving the actual circuit is fine and the speaker is your problem, thats how I narrowed mine down anyway.

i get the visible picture of a door being open and interior lights come on so hopfully its just the speaker!!

anyone point out to me which is the speaker?

Int64 DSC01403

They can be coded out. Was gonna do it on mine, but seens I wear my seatbelt and also want to know if I've left my lights on, I thought I would just leave it. No matter how keen I was to use vag com. Good chance it just wants coding back in. I'll try find the link.