OEM wireing for footwell lighting - has anyone done this ?

Anthony566

Reaction score
As above I want to complete my lighting instal with adding footwell lighting but I want to install these in the same way they are in the factory so that each footwell light is controlled by the door that is opened rather than all footwell lights comming on at the same time. Each rear light should connect to the control unit under each of the front seats and I assume there is similar connections for the front footwell lights.

I have some details about this install but if someone has done this and has photos and step by step that would be great.

If you have images and pin details I would appreciate it.

Right I now have what I needed to complete the Foot well Lighting install as it is out of the factory, this will allow only the footwell light for the door that is being opened to come on rather than all foot well lights.

dont for get the write up
inc pictures
iv got the looms and lights but not had time to see where they plug into

Hi,

I'm planning this install too but I plan to only do the front. As I understand it from other threads and the wiring diagramme posted here the front and rear are independent but paired i.e opening either front door will light up both front lights and either rear doors will activate both rear lights. There is a bit of coding to enable the lighting control and allow you to set the ambient light level so the footwell lights are always on dim but go full brightness with a door open.

If I get to it first I'll try to take some photos of the glovebox and drivers kick panel coming out, the control unit location, plugs etc. I'll be doing the glovebox light at the same time.

Mark

Hi Mark photo's would be great I was planning on posting some once I have this tested and worked out :) however I did think you could have each footwell light wired so that only the footwell light on the door you opened came one ?? I maybe wrong on this one though

Hi Mark photo's would be great I was planning on posting some once I have this tested and worked out :) however I did think you could have each footwell light wired so that only the footwell light on the door you opened came one ?? I maybe wrong on this one though

Hi Anthony, The wiring diagram shows the power from the J519 control feeds both front LEDs in parallel. Same for the rear. The control module +V output is on the two pins (T32a for the front, T17l for the rear) and the dim level is controlled from the MMI when coded (ambient level). The door controller sends a signal to J519 to put the LEDs on full whack when the door opens. For the factory fit the LEDs are always on dimmed and 100% when the doors open but I seems to recall that light sensor / headlights on auto may have some sort of influence too.

I have a 2010 car and thats how I think it will work for me but the FL may be well different and have a J519 pin for each individual LED. If that is the case you may need to do more digging to get a later wiring diagram with the extra pin assignments. That is purely guesswork though. Maybe some other folks will chip in and keep us right.

Mark