dash lights

jaffaxr

Reaction score
can anyone who has a 1.8t sport 98 take a pic or video of their dash lights when ignition is turned on as i think ive got a couple missing and need to see what should be there?

cheers:icon_thumright:

So apart from buying the lead is there anything else.
All the ones on ebay seem to say you still have to download the Ross tech at $99

What aragorn said. Ebay lead and the free to download version of VCDS Lite and you're away. Some of the codes will only give a ref number and no description but the descriptions are on line and referenced by the given code.

VCDS Lite also allows you to fiddle with settings like adding auto door locking, single unlock on drivers door and window roll up from the door lock. I used it to remove the horn honk on locking and add a flash of the hazzards.

cheers guys ive downloaded it now and just need to get the right lead does it matter which one i get?

well popped to a mates and plugged her in turns out a few codes come up abs rear offside wheel sensor, and a lot of airbag ones which from what the code was he seems to think its being unplugged....one strange one to come up was drivers and passengers side airbags...
which i didnt think mine had??

All B5 have the cut out on the dash for a passenger airbag but it is only there if it is marked with srs in front of the passenger seat :yahoo:

Hard to say what it could be without knowing the code.

Little update while I was cleaning found labels on each front seat that say airbag so now need the code reader to turn up so I can tell you guys and hopefully get to the bottom of this episode.

Unplug the connections under the seats and clean them up with electrical contact cleaner, allow to dry completely then reconnect. You may need to manualy clear the light I don't recall. This may clear your problem

the airbag light doesnt come on at all so im guessing it may be a connecter or its being disconnected so it goes through mot...
im away this weekend so might have to have a look bank holiday monday..

If the light doesnt come on at all it probably means that the bulb was blacked out.