Strange Vibration Under Braking

audi-nutz

Reaction score
Had this for a while now when braking at 40mph i get serious vibration from pedal and steering wheel but stops before 30mph. Discs and pads have been changed, calipers at front changed had wheel alignment done and told fine,swapped back and front wheels no difference.:banghead: any suggestions appreciated

Had this for a while now when braking at 40mph i get serious vibration from pedal and steering wheel but stops before 30mph. Discs and pads have been changed, calipers at front changed had wheel alignment done and told fine,swapped back and front wheels no difference.:banghead: any suggestions appreciated

Jack up front of car and hold wheel at 10 to 2 position to rule out worn tie rod end, ball joint, etc.

wheel balancing, had this on a bmw and was sorted after taking it somewhere decent to be balanced

Cheers for reply, discs and pads about 5 months old needed changing again as set before were found to be warped but still same problem.slider bolts were obviously changed and have looked to see if any play from wheels and nothing really.

cheers S3P8 could it really be that simple? was told balance would be affected at high speed but no under braking.thanks

thanks will look to get balancing done then,start with the cheapest.

Just get the front two done to start with...it has to be somewhere really good though

all four cost me £24

Where you based ?

What about anti roll bar links mine was doing something similar and that seeems to have sorted it.

wheel balancing done slight improvement through brake pedal but still vibration in steering wheel under braking?:think:

have you checked your tyre pressures, I bought a michelin double foot pump with digital read out today from halfords, sick of garages pumps that dont work...its excellent, car driving spot on now.

ye i have noticed the irregular readings aswell but just put it down to distance travelled before checking pressure.might be worth investing in a pump especially as nearly every garage charges to use air...