New car order - what suspension?

Statler

Old enough to know better
Reaction score
Hi
I'm just completing an order for an A5 Sportback 2.0 Tdi Quattro Black Edition.
My dealer says the s-line sport suspension would make the car unbearably hard but I'm coming from and '08 BMW 320d m-sport coupe and to be honest, I think I've lost an inch in height due to my spine taking all the bumps out of the road... ;-)

Some of the guys on the BMW forums state that the Audi sport suspension is a bit wooly so I'm wondering which one to order?
Is the S'line sport suspension really that hard?
Will the standard sport suspension hold up to a spirited b-road blast OK?

Any thoughts would be welcome.

Thx
S

Hi
I'm just completing an order for an A5 Sportback 2.0 Tdi Quattro Black Edition.
My dealer says the s-line sport suspension would make the car unbearably hard but I'm coming from and '08 BMW 320d m-sport coupe and to be honest, I think I've lost an inch in height due to my spine taking all the bumps out of the road... ;-)

Some of the guys on the BMW forums state that the Audi sport suspension is a bit wooly so I'm wondering which one to order?
Is the S'line sport suspension really that hard?
Will the standard sport suspension hold up to a spirited b-road blast OK?

Any thoughts would be welcome.

Thx
S

I've just sold a B8 A4 with the s-line suspension and had no issues, prefer a firmer ride. I have ordered the same again with an a5 sportback and don't envisage any issues - it's more likely your preference of ride quality that comes into play.

Thanks for your input.
I went and drove an A5 Sportback again this morning over part of my B-Road journey home and have decided to stick with the standard Sport suspension. It is a lot less crashy than my BMW and the handling is very good (my opinion) for how I drive normally.

Still very impressed with driving position and the instrument binnicle, such a refreshing change from BMW's current offering.

So, order placed, deposit paid, just waiting on a build date but it looks likely to be in late July, which hopefully throws the car into the 2015 model year.

A5 Sportback, 2.0TDi (177) Quattro Black Edition in Ibis White
Just the one extra, Heated Front Seats

Now the long wait....

hey mate its anthony from e90post :) glad to see you here

Thx anthony. Have a feeling I'll be doing a lot of reading on here to get some ideas on mods.... :yes: