Indicators are indicating an issue with indication

AudiA3V5

Reaction score
As title really, My indicators have started playing up.

I'm guessing possibly dodgy relay but i'm far from sure.

Basically, I put my indicators on, and it usually indicates once or twice and then just stops, the indicator stick stay where it should, doesn't click off, but the indicators just stop.

Seems to be more when it's cold in the mornings etc, seems much better later in the afternoon but still does it even then from time to time.

Any ideas? Likely to be a relay?

If so where are the relays in the A3 and what relay is it?

It's an '02 A3 1.8T.

Any help/advice/tests greatly appreciated.

Relays are in the hazard light switch... you need to replace this... very common problem and 30-40 quid from TPS/Dealer

<tuffty/>

Yeah just found another thread of something similar but hazard not working, seen someone say the same thing. Might even have been you. lol.

It is a defo buy new, or can it just be cleaned up and re-used? Bit tight on cash at the moment and don't like being able to drive around without being able to indicate properly. lol

buy a new one, opened mine up and the relays were all sealed, post and pre are different switches though.
got one of flebay from poland for 14 notes and works fine not a real part though.

mark

I just had the same problem with mine, i cleaned up all the contacts a bit and got 2 or 3 days extra life out of it, not work the hassle. Ended up buying new from ECP

Reactions: AudiA3V5
Ok, so I got the replacement part, next question, best way to get the panel out.

I assume just clips either side? Or do you have to remove dash panels in certain order etc?

Cheers buddy. I managed to pop it out in the end though, then had the mother of all battles to get the old hazard light switch out, was a job and half but don't think it should have been that difficult so not sure what was up.

Anyway, got it out, got new unit in today at lunchtime and so far indicators are indicating well! :)

Reactions: epox and The Doctor