Front speakers don't work with my aftermarket HU

Mi11ar

Reaction score
Front speakers don't work with my aftermarket HU, I've bought 2 different adaptors from Halfords both of which the sales assistant assured me that it would solve it, but on both occasions nobody was available to fit....

So I've tried it myself, with the first adaptor I can get audio but only from the rear speakers and there's very little bass.

The second adaptor I can't get any power to the head unit.

I've taken some pics:

Current set-up (only the rear speakers work with this setup)

New adaptor (can't figure out how to get them to work, no power seems to get to the HU)

1 more thing the HU resets when ever the ignition is turned off.

Last edited:
Swop the yellow and red leads over, and that will fix the power/standby issue. Can't help with the front speaker issue though.

Reactions: Mi11ar
I thought you had to make your own ignition live (yellow wire)?
I had to run a wire from the ignition live under the drivers footwell to the back of the stereo.. That gave it power... As for the front speakers, do you have Bose? I'm sure that changes things....

I thought you had to make your own ignition live (yellow wire)?
I had to run a wire from the ignition live under the drivers footwell to the back of the stereo.. That gave it power... As for the front speakers, do you have Bose? I'm sure that changes things....

Only if you have CanBus, his dash is pre facelift, so not CanBus I think.

I'd rather avoid having to play about with wires and stuff as I'm not that experienced I'd probably do more damage than anything.

I'll more than likely grab the sales assistant that sold me the adapter and ask him to fit it for me, atleast then if it doesn't work I'll ask for my money back.

An cheers Jojo that worked what you told me :)

I have the same problem, but my rear speakers won't work, does anybody know of the proper lead for it? Car is 01 facelift s3