New A3 Sportsback finally ordered :)

deolanp

Reaction score
:arco:Iv been stalking the forum for awhile now lol but finally am able to post something relative.Officially ordered my A3 Sportsback :):):):)

Here are my chosen specs-

A3 Sportsback 1.8 tfsi
Misano Red
S line exterior
17' 5-twin spoke kinetic design
Alcantara/leather combo
Xenon plus
Panoramic Sunfoof
Flat Tire Indicator
4 way Lumbar support
Auto Release function
Cruise control
Bang & Olufsen Sound System

What do you guys think of my choices.I have searched the forum but when it comes to this im abit paranoid.Did I miss out anything vital or recommended?

The dealer might work out a discount for me .Im hoping its something close enough to the MMI Plus system so i can maybe pay the difference and get that,id really like to have a 16:9 screen and all the other stuff just for that extra WOW factor when my friends get in to MY car :D :D :D :D

Thanks in advance guyz

Interior light pack if your lookin for the extra wow factor

Comfort package, includes auto-dimming rear-view mirror with light and rain sensor package (PU7), Audi parking system,
rear (7X1) and Cruise control (8T2) Doesn't the s-line come with 18" wheels so have you specified smaller ones?

I think that comes standard.Didnt include the features that come standard on the list

Im not really sure about how the different type of lines work...All i know is that its a 1.8tfsi SE model.And iv opted for the sline exterior package.Lots of things do come standard like the interior light package and dualzone deluxe airconditioning..but things like the auto diming mirror and the park assist stuff are all extraz i did not opt for.Im from SA by the way..18'' is not standard but optional

Sounds as if things work a bit differently in SA to UK. So I'm not sure exactly what you get as standard.
Do you get aluminium interior elements? Colour DIS?
The bigger hi resolution MMI screen does add to the wow factor, but isn't the cheapest option.

I think many may not realise that deo is not in the UK where A/S 3 purchase is rather cheaper and more straightforward than many parts of the world. SA spec is different.

All I would say is if you have a soul and love music B&O is great. Pan roof although smaller than 8p twin roof is good. Tech pack better than. SD Nav .. Bigger wheels look good too. All IMHO of course.

Any. s3 in SA duo?

Great spec !

Hey yeah was wondering about that. .the panoramic roof is like half the size I see in some picz.Guess thats normal though.Yup SA ks very different, things are quite pricey and alot of the specz are different like the tech pack, we dont have that option here.just a whole bunch of individual components to choose from. but yes b &o is a must...Also yes the s3 is here ...would have loved to get that but for me half a mil std price is abit wallet heavy hey. Sa Rands lol not much for you guyz

I have a question about the mmi standard 5.8" version..does anyone know if it has a hdd to copy music onto? I know the mmi plus does.Iv heard that official audi video for the mmi mention the standard version comes with 11gigz of hdd space? also is there anyway to view videos on it? whether its via sd card or by copying videos to the internal hdd (if my former question is positive)...

I think many may not realise that deo is not in the UK where A/S 3 purchase is rather cheaper and more straightforward than many parts of the world. SA spec is different.

All I would say is if you have a soul and love music B&O is great.

I guess that if the OP put his location it might help us all correctly answer his question. Oh, as I don't have a soul and live in the pits of hell, B&O would be useless....

I have a question about the mmi standard 5.8" version..does anyone know if it has a hdd to copy music onto? I know the mmi plus does.Iv heard that official audi video for the mmi mention the standard version comes with 11gigz of hdd space? also is there anyway to view videos on it? whether its via sd card or by copying videos to the internal hdd (if my former question is positive)...

The standard MMI has no hard drive in the UK, don't know about the SA, and you would need to upgrade to the Audi MMI Plus Technology package to have that and then you could watch vidoes as well.

The standard MMI has no hard drive in the UK, don't know about the SA, and you would need to upgrade to the Audi MMI Plus Technology package to have that and then you could watch vidoes as well.

I also gather this but Iv just had hope of there being an hdd after seeing this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKrXd6Re9_c

That jorge guy mentions 11gigs jukebox space..

I can only refer you to your A3 brochure, all the answers are there. No jukebox with the standard MMI...

Looks like a good spec. You happy with it? Then that's fine.

Damn!I just was looking at the quote sheet and realized that the dealer inputted the wrong wheel for my car.I wanted the Kinetic 5-twin spoke and he put the audi exclusive 5-twin spoke wheel.

I hope its not too late for him to change the order.I just paid the deposit on Thursday evening and todays a public holiday so im hoping if I contact the guy early tomorrow morning that he can still make the change.

I am happy with my specs:) but i really would like the mmi plus but the price is intimidating.Thats why I say if the dealer is willing to give me a good enough discount then I dont mind paying the difference for the cost of the MMI Plus :)

You should be fine to change what ever you want on the car up until the point of where it is commited to be built..

You should be fine to change what ever you want on the car up until the point of where it is committed to be built..

Really?? :D that really makes me feel alot better :D You wouldnt happen to know the approximate duration of this period of -dealer putting through the order and the commitment of the building of the vehicle by any chance would you?

Just got this email from my dealer,so stoked,but the thought of the wait -_- ---------

''100% - We ordered your car. I will send you updates as the build and production carries on (possibly every week or every 2 weeks). Once your A3 is at port in Germany, it makes the process more manageable. We have a better view on the timeline for delivery from then.''