Problem with firefox????

Reaction score
Hi i use Firefox as my browser.

I went to open it and a box came up saying profile Paul is in use.

How do i fix this?

I have added another user just now, but how do i get off this user and delete it as i now have no bookmarks etc.

This is a pain in the **** like.

Cheers.

I have just noticed everything from my documents has gone.

Over 900 songs, all my car pics through the stages, all my videos and all my uni work.

I could honestly cry!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I'm a Mac person so can't help you then. Sorry, hope you get it sorted.

You usally get this issue when firefox has crashed in someway, and not recovered. Close any open instances of forefox Load task manager and see if you can see firefox in the running processes tab? If you can, end the process, and load firefox again. It's happened to me a couple of times, and that usually does the trick.

Don't know why you dont go into My computer, then double click on C:\ Drive, then Documents and settings and you should see any profiles which have been created. Just have a browse through the created user folders and copy what you need into the new profile.

Good luck Soupie

Yeah this happened to me - Just ctrl-alt-del and end the firefox process and then reopen it and its fine.

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
Soupie, so from what I gather, you added a multiple user and it's lost your data in My Documents foler? yeah?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah thats what happened.

Another strange thing is on msn everyone i am speaking to can see my old display pic and i can only see the defalt msn guy.

Wonder how this could be.

[ QUOTE ]
Another strange thing is on msn everyone i am speaking to can see my old display pic and i can only see the defalt msn guy.

Wonder how this could be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably caused from caching on web servers. Web servers normally cache info like pics to save bandwidth. they normally clear the cache every so often, some are done manually, others automatically. The time period just depends on how that server has been set up.

[ QUOTE ]
oh gutted, i wasnt sure if all my data was going to be somewhere on my comp and i just cant find it.

[/ QUOTE ]

you probably can, data doesn't just disappear.

have you tried what CJ B6 2.0 said? From the questions you've asked, it sounds like you're using a totally different profile now.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
oh gutted, i wasnt sure if all my data was going to be somewhere on my comp and i just cant find it.

[/ QUOTE ]

have you tried what CJ B6 2.0 said? From the questions you've asked, it sounds like you're using a totally different profile now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just tried it and The Paul Campbell folder still has the Folders i created but they are all empty. Apart from Start menu and shared.

Cheers.

I had a problem with my PC because of a file i downloaded and i found that if you use System Restore you can put your PC back prior to the date you changed things or downloaded files and that fixed the problem

Worth a try

Cheers

you tried a system restore in windows?

restore it back to the last restore date

Yeah i tried this and the system was still the same, had lost all my firefox bookmarks and all my documents files and left the folders.

You've probably done this, but have you used the Windows 'Search' function on the start menu? If you know the name of one of your missing files, search for it, as it might be in a different folder than what you think it is.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just tried it and The Paul Campbell folder still has the Folders i created but they are all empty. Apart from Start menu and shared.

Cheers.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the folders are empty then forget it mate! Unfortunately i think the system restore will only restore system files to before previous installs but that is it. Just put it down to experience mate and dont forget to backup your data the next time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif