My 2008 Sprint Blue S3 8P2 Thread

Looks quality! Ride height & the DTM wheels looks spot on. Glad the clutch slip died off too, cant wait to get mine mapped.

What clutch are you going for?

Looks quality! Ride height & the DTM wheels looks spot on. Glad the clutch slip died off too, cant wait to get mine mapped.

What clutch are you going for?

Thanks Tom..... Still needs some cosmetic details on it to finish but thats the fun part...

I'm not gonna add anymore power, its more than enough for what I use the car for... I was looking into the sachs organic clutch with a new dmf... Thats my original idea, but i'm just sticking money by for it at the minute.... Did you not replace your clutch recently, i'm sure I seen that on your thread!? What 1 and flywheel did you go for!?

very nice thread mate were did you get your led drl lights from

Cheers man... I'm sure I got them from a site on ebay called 'we sell HIDS' but theres a site sponser on here called T8ups... Ping him a PM and im sure he'll be able to help you out...

Reactions: s5joe
Looks great Jacko, superb work done in a fairly short space of time. Fancy making me up a colour-coded TTS cover? I'm useless with that kinda stuff!

Looks spot on mate

Thanks fella

Looks great Jacko, superb work done in a fairly short space of time. Fancy making me up a colour-coded TTS cover? I'm useless with that kinda stuff!

Thanks Batch, much appreciated....

Yeah i'll do it no bother, just need to send me your cover... Gonna be doing mine again soon, so hit them both in the 1 go

Thanks Tom..... Still needs some cosmetic details on it to finish but thats the fun part...

I'm not gonna add anymore power, its more than enough for what I use the car for... I was looking into the sachs organic clutch with a new dmf... Thats my original idea, but i'm just sticking money by for it at the minute.... Did you not replace your clutch recently, i'm sure I seen that on your thread!? What 1 and flywheel did you go for!?

Yea that's definatly the fun part, it would be boring if there was nothing to change!

Well 300hp isn't exactly shy is it, I'm looking forward to getting mine done. Yea, I went for the loba/sachs smf & organic clutch setup. Its overkill at the min but I'm planning stage 3 shark before the end of the year so thought I may as well stick it in now, my OEM one was ruined.

A few things thats been happening since the last time I posted on this thread...

So I came out the the car 1 night to find this, lasted like this for 2 days before going completely out

So anyway, for anyone like me who hadn't changed bulbs on their cars before, I had to find out how to change them as the limited access in the bay would mean that you would need circus hands to able to change them from there....

You can change the bulbs by taking off the wheel and peeling back the upper wheel arch linging to unfold an access hole... There are 2 spring clips that hold the bulbs in place (Left and right) with a connector at the bottom.. (Sorry no pics) I opted for Philips Xenstart 4300k OEM look bulbs... Was looking at 6000K but learned that although brighter, projection suffered as a consequence and decided against them.....

So then it was time to get the car in the paint shop... Had to get the bonnet reprayed as the were numerous small stone chips and a small bit of lacquer peel on the bottom due to another chip, this was the only thing that was letting the car down IMO and needed to be addressed....

Who would have known it takes 6 shades of paint (including green) and metallic additive to make up Metallic Sprint Blue

So after all this was done, she was shined up and was looking sweet as a nut! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Tom5190
Once I got it back from the paint shop and cleaned it, I'd noticed that i'd burst the silicone that was used when I had to put a small hole in the headlight clusters for the extended wiring to the LED drl resistors... The resistors had to be fitted to the metalwork of the car, they run hot as they draw a little more power, to fool the canbus system into thinking there is a standard bulb in place. This means it doesnt throw up any faults on the dash and couldnt be placed within a plastic housing due to the extra heat. Anyway, once the car was cleaned I noticed the dreaded condensation in the headlight as a result :keule: Now my OCD would not stand for this, so it was off with the headlight and into the oven for a while..

1 Headlight to go please! :) ... The old tricks work the best, and once it was done, the small hole was re-sealed.....

So after that, it was time to get stuck into a project that I had wanted to do for a while... Engine bay revamp! Now as previously stated, I wanted to turn the bay stealthy and keep the car looking classy, as you all know is a fine line when modifying... So me being me, I just couldn't have plain old boring Black.. So it had to be done in the 3 shades of Black.. Gloss, Satin and Matte...

Came together very nicely and i'm very pleased with the way it looks.....

Outside shot, with a bit of sparkle from the LED drl's

Reactions: Tom5190
This is just a pic of my car and a friends car (R90 STL) up at Knockhill racing circuit in Scotland... This was after a convoy up there from a supercar meet in Edinburgh, with 2 Nissan GTRs, a Lotus Evora and a RS4... The S3's did not look out of place in the slightest and more than held their own...

Had some fun with apps on the phone for it too

Taken from the back of 1 of the GTRs..

Reactions: gogz s3 and R90 STL
Looking good mate!
Where did you go for the bonnet respray? Mind me asking what they charged you, if you're 100% happy with the colour match too?
My front bumper could do with paint due to some chips and a little lacquer peel.

Looking good mate!
Where did you go for the bonnet respray? Mind me asking what they charged you, if you're 100% happy with the colour match too?
My front bumper could do with paint due to some chips and a little lacquer peel.

It was my mate that did it Muzza... He owns Auto cosmique down in Alexandria parade... He done a deal on mine, but i'm pretty sure hes around the £250 mark for a bonnet respray... Colour is bang on

Thats some awesome work Jacko!!

Can really see all these touch's add up and oh boy it shows credit to you my man!

ps.... Have you got any side on shots with the H&R's on please?

Thats some awesome work Jacko!!

Can really see all these touch's add up and oh boy it shows credit to you my man!

ps.... Have you got any side on shots with the H&R's on please?

Thanks buddy... And I know your a man who appreciates the fine details....

If you go on the 1st page of the thread theres side on images of the car, before and after the springs were fitted :)

Do you know as I posted I did think that but was so lazy lol!!!

Right page 1 here I come :whip:

Looking good!!!!!!!! I really did want Eibach pro kit but theres none in the country!

Hence me thinking about the H&R's Ahhhhh decisions decisions :think:

Looking good!!!!!!!! I really did want Eibach pro kit but theres none in the country!

Hence me thinking about the H&R's Ahhhhh decisions decisions :think:

The Eibach pro kit looks good on the 8P3 that you've got... Brings the bonnet down a bit at the front, my model then it was the H&R springs all the way... Really transforms the car, looks a lot more aggresive and purposeful now

i'm gonna give the car the grchmason treatment soon... Needs a right good clean again after them exploits yesterday! Ha

The Eibach pro kit looks good on the 8P3 that you've got... Brings the bonnet down a bit at the front, my model then it was the H&R springs all the way... Really transforms the car, looks a lot more aggresive and purposeful now

i'm gonna give the car the grchmason treatment soon... Needs a right good clean again after them exploits yesterday! Ha

In your defence I bet you drive yours more than me though I have only done 400 mile since xmas :tumble:

Give me some notice and I send you up a treat that will make that sprint blue come alive :salute:

Regards the springs it's a nightmare just waiting for Eibach UK to get them in, another week they are saying!!!!!!!!!

This is just a pic of my car and a friends car (R90 STL) up at Knockhill racing circuit in Scotland... This was after a convoy up there from a supercar meet in Edinburgh, with 2 Nissan GTRs, a Lotus Evora and a RS4... The S3's did not look out of place in the slightest and more than held their own...

Had some fun with apps on the phone for it too

Taken from the back of 1 of the GTRs..

Had a few folk doubting me about the s3 keeping pace with the gtr on the pistonheads run. Glad I now have someone else to back that up. S3 can move!!

Reactions: S3_Jacko
In your defence I bet you drive yours more than me though I have only done 400 mile since xmas :tumble:

Give me some notice and I send you up a treat that will make that sprint blue come alive :salute:

Not by much tho, think mines has done bout 2.5k since June so prob bout on par... Think i've spent more time tinkering with it than driving it ha... N that sounds interesting, what could it be!?

Got a big Audi meet to go to on the 27th so i'll be giving it a right good going over on the 26th (weather permitting)

Had a few folk doubting me about the s3 keeping pace with the gtr on the pistonheads run. Glad I now have someone else to back that up. S3 can move!!

Aww yeah man defo, well you seen me dragging with William (in a stage 2 gtr) away from hermiston gate roundabout onto the motorway and obviously he won, but there was very little in it, I was very surprised by that... Think after 100mph thats when you would see a big difference between them!

that Evora was pretty quick too....

Not by much tho, think mines has done bout 2.5k since June so prob bout on par... Think i've spent more time tinkering with it than driving it ha... N that sounds interesting, what could it be!?

Got a big Audi meet to go to on the 27th so i'll be giving it a right good going over on the 26th (weather permitting)

Aww yeah man defo, well you seen me dragging with William (in a stage 2 gtr) away from hermiston gate roundabout onto the motorway and obviously he won, but there was very little in it, I was very surprised by that... Think after 100mph thats when you would see a big difference between them!

Although its a focus rs - same concept applies

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZL8uPemi3k

PM over your address and I will decant some and send it up my man free of course :wub:

Can't have the S3 gang being out shined now can we lol!!!!!!!!

:arco:

Reactions: S3_Jacko

PM over your address and I will decant some and send it up my man free of course :wub:

Oh oh this looks interesting, I may have to look into this as the finish on your car is exquisite.

Just gathering all the things I need before I put a full detail in. Just waiting on glass cleaner/conditioner and considering a glaze but not certain.

Interesting to to read about the S3 holding it's own against a GTR. Not too surprised though it's a very competent car on the roads. Also still loving the honeycomb grill looks ace.

Looks very intersting indeed... I shall do, and give this a try... Whats the deal with it... Does it go on top of the wax!?

if your needing more black in the bay the new A3 8V has a black coolant cap instead of the standard blue ones on the 8P.

if your needing more black in the bay the new A3 8V has a black coolant cap instead of the standard blue ones on the 8P.

Na i'm quite happy with the way it is at the mo... I was looking at 1 of the porsche coolant caps with the Blue coolant sign on it, but I decided against it... Just needed the R8 cap to stand out a wee bit with that engine cover.. Goes quite well with the other chrome parts on the cover

Thats the cap there I was looking at....

Gave the car the 'grchmason' treatment as I now call it and thought i'd share the results

We all love a snowfoam

Now shes super shiney!

Done the interior while I was at it

Reactions: gogz s3
So now the car was looking shiney, couldn't resist having a play around with the camera :thumbsup:

Reactions: Ironborn and gogz s3