mmi initialisation problem with mobridge

Saorsa

Reaction score
hi all , i looked at a similar post on here with regards to this problem but it is non definitive , the ami cable that is suggested doesn't actually fit the socket on the mobridge as it needs "pins" on the lead to fit into the mobridge socket .

i am having the problem that having made the MOST loop that it does not initialise , the mobridge logo is on the iPod and the bypass switch works when clicked 5 times .

i have a fiscon pro handsfree kit also installed and that shows up on the main screen as working ok , for the loop i connected one end of the mobridge to an out on the cd changer and the other to complete the loop into the fiscon , these are made by a block and a bare end ,

but no matter how long the car goes to sleep it keeps saying that it is initialising

i have the 5570 mmi upgrade and have a vcdd with ross-tech hex can

any help appreciated , thanks Greg

Hi there , yes downloaded all the spec for audi onto a memory card and followed the procedure , I will try and change the optical leads round incase they are the wrong way round from the mobridge ,

Greg

If they are the wrong way around the MMI would not start up.

Ok . I wonder if the optical leads have been put in wrongly , by that I mean there appears one optical into the fiscon and the other into the cd unit ,
What if I take one optical lead out of the cd and connect it into the mobridge with the black connector . And the bare lead from the mobridge into the connector that goes into the cd ?

Sorry for the questions but I'm sure it should work , I have not utilised the A2dp on the fiscon so it does not see the CD player as a virtual drive

Greg

It should be a loop system, so the output of the CD Changer should go into the input of the mobridge the out put of the mobridge should go into the input of the fiscon, and the output of the fiscon should go join into the existing wiring harness. Any break in the system, or the you have the MOST optical lead the wrong way around into a device the MMI will not start up.

It appears that everything is wired up correctly then ,back to square one

Thanks very much for the help

Greg

I would rerun the AUDI firmware bit, I'm seen similar issues with Dension 500 Gateway units when they not configured correctly.

Hi it won't let me rerun the software , it comes up as no device selected , it reads from the cd and the configuration is displayed on the screen , even the mobridge is on the configuration screen , if I go to the individual bits on the screen i think it gives me the option to go back to the previous version ie 5170

Sorry cannot help any further, I've only fitted the genuine AMI unit and the Dension Gateway 500. I'd never even heard of mobridge until this thread. I would contact mobridge to see if they can give you some tech support.

You've been most helpful , I have contacted them last week but the Americans seem rather reluctant to reply

Regards Gregor