warm starting problem A3 1998

stock211

Reaction score
i have a problem with my A3 it will start no problem from cold ,but when warm it just wont start till its cooled down.i've scanned it and the p0322 (g28) code come back. i believe this is the camshaft sensor my question is where is it located and is it easy to get at? is it best to replace it or just clean it. cheers for any advice

just to let everyone know the warm starting problem has been resolved replace the bad crankshaft sensor, and now starting alot better now fingers crossed

I have this problem to after a vag check today 16706 engine speed sensor (is this the crankshaft sensor?) my car starts fine then after a 10 minute run car started spluttering like it was starved of fuel then completely cut out and started 20 minutes later then I drove it straight back home,i have a a3 1.8t did you you have any of these symtoms stock? cheers

your symtoms sound like what was going on with mine, starved of fuel..mine was fine when the engine was cool just wouldn't start when warm, until it cooled down.i replaced the crankshaft sensor and bingo !! starts first time now !! quite a easy fix its just at the side of the oil filter held in with one bolt on the block.. did take a bit of prying to get out but it can be done. the part was 28 quid, cheaper than taking it to the garage......ps i would clear the fault code first and the next time it does it run another scan and if it reappears then you know thats the problem

cheers stock, part should be hear tomoz and cant get access to vag for another week so just going to change it over iv cleared the code last night and after starting the car today its taking a few seconds fire up,fingers crossed im trying a second attempt Thursday to get it to the mot station 2 miles away:whip: