Opinions pleaseeee

andyam

Reaction score
I own a B8 silver se model. Looking to plastidip parts of the car.

After extensive research about it and method s of using this product I am happy to knock this out.

However what I want plastidip is the grill and roof.

Just undecided on anthracite or black....as when I change my wheels to the 10 spoke 17 inch I want them anthracite.

What's your opinions...

Cheers
Andy

I plastidipped my grille. Even after properly prepping it before painting and applying it properly and under the right conditions, it didn't last long. If I was you, I would fork out around £60 and go buy a black edition or RS4 rep grille.

I also plasti dipped my grill and took my time prepping it but it didn't last long at all so I took it off this weekend and replaced with a genuine black edition grill, looks so much better than the plasti dip, I will never recommend plasti dip to anyone other than spraying a badge or something like that.

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
I suppose if you were on a budget you could remove your grill following ScottishS3 guide on the bumper removal and vinyl wrap it for under £30.

my opinion is no. rather paint the grille. I did that and plan to wrap the roof.
2014 03 03 090039

Plasti dip looks cheap in my opinion. Only place where I would consider it is wheels and definitely in anthracite gray.

:)

Hi dubak - what process did you follow to paint the grille? would definitely consider doing tis to mine...

Will look good until it chips then look really bad with chrome stone chips shining in the sun lol

wrap the roof and grill long lasting

Hi dubak - what process did you follow to paint the grille? would definitely consider doing tis to mine...

Hi,

my friend did the paintwork. It's just standard painting. Nothing special.

I'm getting mine wrapped next month the garage said for the door trim and grill it's £80 and you can have whatever colour you want :)

Not a fan of painted roofs myself it reminds of vauxhall corsas in the late 90s with painted roofs and viper stripes down the bonnet lol

I'm getting mine wrapped next month the garage said for the door trim and grill it's £80 and you can have whatever colour you want :)

Really £80 for door and grill? ****** hell that is cheap where do you live? I want my door trim and the blade below the grill doing doing as I bought the black edition grill just need the rest to match it now.

Wales! And £80 is for the bottom part of the bumper too.. I've been to two places that will do it for that.. But yeah I want the black edition look.. Hate the chrome! .. I've got 3sdms wheels and I'm now thinking of getting some black edition wheels the rotor ones :D

Did you all use the spray cans to spray your grills?

MY grill lasted months when I dipped mine.
My roof lasted over a year.
It was pulled off last year at inters.

All the other parts I've done as lasted as well.

Andyam, you based in Bristol?
I'm in Plymouth and regularly go to W-S-M.

I'm happy to help out and do your roof and grill if you want.
I got black and gun metal in stock.

Really £80 for door and grill? ****** hell that is cheap where do you live? I want my door trim and the blade below the grill doing doing as I bought the black edition grill just need the rest to match it now.

i can get you a number for leeds a pal of mine for wraping
pm me if you want the number

Did you all use the spray cans to spray your grills?

MY grill lasted months when I dipped mine.
My roof lasted over a year.
It was pulled off last year at inters.

All the other parts I've done as lasted as well.

Andyam, you based in Bristol?
I'm in Plymouth and regularly go to W-S-M.

I'm happy to help out and do your roof and grill if you want.
I got black and gun metal in stock.

Yes Scott i'm in Bristol mate.