pole positions in S3?

syncro

Reaction score
I searched but did not find an answer, I have recaro pole positions from a tt and would like to fit them to my 8L S3, is it possible to unbolt the 8L recaro seats from the subfames and bolt in the pole positions with the tt side mounts and runners?

The 8L recaro has a 3 point subframe that fits to the floorpan of the S3 and the seat attaches to this with 4 bolts and has conventional runners like normal tt seats

I don't think anyone has done this, be brave give it a go, and take pictures then do a write up , you will be the first which is better IMO.

I take it you mean tt 240 seats???? And I can't see why they wouldn't fit. If they don't be a man and get a welder do it PRAWN style search his build thread on here.

Sean

Reactions: Prawn
You need to be a hobbit to get into a a pair of these on the TT QS... the seat brackets are mounted to runners which lifts the seat base much higher than normal TT seats

<tuffty/>

Them poxy TTQS seats stopped the missus buying a QS.
She got in the car liked it and then I walked to the salesman's desk to buy the car, turned round and there she was struggling to get out. I had to pull her out of the ****** seat...

As far as I know TT subframes are not the same as A3/S3 so they won't go straight in to my knowledge.

beautiful seats. Anything can be made to fit, just depends on what you want as to how you go about it.

S3 has a frame which sits in to the 3 point runners in the floor and they are fixed in position and do not slide, the S3 Recaro has conventional runners bolted to this frame, TT seats have conventional runners so in theory it should work

I must get one of the pole positions out of the spare room and try it

I decided to keep my pole positions for the B5 Rs4 saloon as they wouldnt have suited a 3dr car anyway, instead I got a pair of 3dr 8P buckets

IMG_02851_zps7d70cb13.jpg
IMG_02881_zpse93b592b.jpg

I removed the original recaro seats from the car and unbolted the 3 point subframes from them and then refitted those back in to the car, I made some simple adapter brackets to bolt the 8P seats in to place, When I remove them again to paint the brackets I'll take some pictures

I've swapped the airbag and heated seat plugs also from the 8L seats to the 8P seats