Cruise + MFSW

Novocaine

Reaction score
Afternoon,

Been reading loads of threads about this but I just wanted to run it by the experts to ensure I've understood correctly.

I has a 2005 2.0 TFSi DSG and I want to retrofit Cruise and eventually a MFSW.

• According to VCDS my steering controller is Part No SW: 8P0 953 549 E which if I understand correctly will support cruise control but not MFSW?
    The wheel I have ready to fit is the same as this:
    http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/1228/mufuletasten.jpg
  • In order to support the MFSW I would need a Highline Steering Controller Module 8P0 953 549 F?
  • The cruise module I'm planning on getting is part no. 8P0 054 690 B .. does that seem correct?

Appreciate your help and patience as I know this is asked a lot.

Cheers.

Your steering ecu is capable of accepting MF as all DSG models 2005 onwards have the early ones when MF 1st came in the A3. Just get your cruise stalk and wheel fitted along with airbag harness and get it coded job done.

Your steering ecu is capable of accepting MF as all DSG models 2005 onwards have the early ones when MF 1st came in the A3. Just get your cruise stalk and wheel fitted along with airbag harness and get it coded job done.

Top man, appreciate the response.

So once I grab a cruise stalk (8P0 054 690 B) I've got everything I need to get the job done?

I don't sorry, but you could easily tell the difference If you looked at the part on eBay or something

I don't sorry, but you could easily tell the difference If you looked at the part on eBay or something

Ok thanks, just taken a look at the one I have fitted and the lower portion of the cowling already has a hole below the indicator stalk with a rubber plug. Does that sound about right?

No idea mate, never retrofitted cruise but I'm sure a few guys on here have.

Although it sounds like it's all ok to go?

Quick one .. I've have honestly searched but don't 100% understand. Will I need to install the control wire?