lumpy auto box A4 Cabriolet 2.5 V6 2004

moveitnick

Reaction score
I am going to have a vagcom test done on the car this week. I have been having this lumpy acceleration and cruising speed problem when driving, it happens in tiptronic mode too. Someone said to me it could need a gearbox oil and filter change and that could solve the problem. I'm hoping i don't need the rather expensive gearbox sensor part which i think is around £800. Any advice is truly appreciated plus if anyone knows where is best to buy the gearbox sensor ? Many thanks to all.

Unsure on the info, but if your car is a 2004 it will be a B6, not a B7. It may have the same gearbox, however you may be better placed to get useful replies in the B6 forum.

From what I've heard sensors in the auto box can be quite expensive, maybe because they're never supposed to be replaced (sealed for life auto boxes)

Just to confirm you do get B7 that are 2004. My Audi was a B7 2004 :)

"Audi introduced a revised A4 in late 2004, with the internal designation of B7. However, this new range A4 still utilised the existing Volkswagen B6 (PL46) platform, a chassis derived from the outgoing B6, but enjoyed heavily revised steering settings, suspension geometry, new internal combustion engine ranges, navigation systems and chassis electronics (including a new advanced Bosch ESP 8.0 Electronic Stability Programme (ESP) system). The front grille assembly has changed to be a tall trapezoidal shape in the same manner as the C6 (third-generation) Audi A6."

Also, if this car is not a quattro, then it will have a Multitronic CVT gearbox, which does need regular oil changes (every 40,000 miles). They are also prone to ECU failures.