My Sportback Build

Siddo

Reaction score
Hi all,

So I guess this is a build thread of sorts more simple mods than anything so far haha, it won't be as impressive as some of the others out there but nonetheless here's the history and all suggestions and opinions would be greatly appreciated!
My A3 is a 2008 registered 1.9tdi SE. It currently has almost 91000 on the clocks, I bought it in January 2013 with the idea of upgrading parts as an when I can!
Afc877f807
The first changes had to be swapping my private plate over and changing the standard alloys! Really wasn't a fan of them! It improved the look dramatically with the new 18's!

Then I came across Audi-sport.net and reading all the topics on here gives you so many ideas. Next was a remap, the fuel efficiency has increased and the car has much more grunt!
9c7f501bb1
Now I know many don't agree with aftermarket headlights or parts for that matter, and I would join you in that but I wasn't struck on the standard halogen fittings, I really wanted to fit the bi-xenons but the cash isn't there! So after doing some searching about and after reading a few topics on the forum I purchased and fitted these DRL headlights. The solid bars sold it for me as the other just led aftermarket lights weren't to my liking. The main reason I changed the lights was for the projector lenses which suit my Phillips diamond vision bulbs down to the ground I think!
D3cf39e0cc
After that the bug has started to kick in, the well written and easy to follow guides on the forum are enticing me to install more and more parts myself! So the next purchase were the facelift rear lights, I still need to fit these after waiting for the cables from kufatec to arrive, I'll be using this thread as my guide http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-...t-face-lift-install-summary-information.html.
Bc387b29daBc725ebcd3
After the rear lights arrived I managed to snap up a great deal on a RNS-E unit that included a Denison unit to use with my iPad and IPhone! The install went smoothly after following this thread http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-...513-rnse-193-led-mk2-retrofit-guide-pics.htmland I now can use my iPhone 5 in the car with a 30pin to lighting pin adapter, a Bluetooth retrofit maybe on the cards one day.
91c2d5dac7Df522cdcc279b15aa7f02f61ef8383
Following that install next came the armrest retrofit after reading through this topic http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-...tting-instructions-guide-plate-a3-2004-a.htmlit seemed like a doddle using the template guide! Managed to pick up an armrest of eBay on the cheap and installed it within two hours! Such a cheap yet great improvement to the car in my opinion.
760d61c71333d30a70b9
I also picked up a 4 spoke leather MFSW and wiring harness for £40, I've got the cruise control already fitted but need to check If I have the correct module before attempting to fit it.
So that's where I'm at, I'm looking to fit a genuine spoiler if possible and possibly front and rear bumpers! Can anyone suggest anything else? Thanks for reading! And here's a few snaps!

6fba3998849b90cb8d4d

Attachments

• 212cd0e676.jpg
    212cd0e676.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 257
I would lower it so it sits nice on those wheels , would make such a difference to the car on a whole IMO

If you're in the South, and still want the bluetooth unit, consider this guy. He came to my house and fitted it on the drive, complete with VCSD coding. Did an excellent job. I believe he has someone in Germany who sources the units out of dead cars and sends them over to him here. It is all genuine parts, and uses the dashboard gap for fitting as documented within this forum.

Mobile Fitting AUDI A3 A4 A6 TT RNS E , CONCERT SYMPHONY Bluetooth Kit S Line | eBay

I would lower it so it sits nice on those wheels , would make such a difference to the car on a whole IMO

That's not a bad idea, is there any effect on the feel of the car? I do a fair old amount of miles time to time and at the minute the ride comfort is spot on.

If you're in the South, and still want the bluetooth unit, consider this guy. He came to my house and fitted it on the drive, complete with VCSD coding. Did an excellent job. I believe he has someone in Germany who sources the units out of dead cars and sends them over to him here. It is all genuine parts, and uses the dashboard gap for fitting as documented within this forum.

Mobile Fitting AUDI A3 A4 A6 TT RNS E , CONCERT SYMPHONY Bluetooth Kit S Line | eBay

Cheers for that, I might look into getting that fitted then! not a bad price at all.

That's not a bad idea, is there any effect on the feel of the car? I do a fair old amount of miles time to time and at the minute the ride comfort is spot on.

Cheers for that, I might look into getting that fitted then! not a bad price at all.

Mine is still pretty comfy on motorways , round town with pot holes the car feels it quite a bit, I have the s line / sport suspension, not sure how much lower that is compared to yours though.