b6 electrics acting up

kylemhunt

Reaction score
having a bit of trouble with the electrics in my 2003 1.9tdi sport and have ran out of ideas so hopefully someone here has had seen this problem before and knows a solution!

Got the car a few weeks ago and 3 days ago was driving along them locks make noise, dash lights go out (the two bottom screens on the dash stay on and speedos work just no lights), heaters turn off and heater control unit goes dark (dual zone) indicators dont work wipers dont work, washers dont work, full beams dont work, electric mirrors dont work and windows dont work.

Interior lights still work and so do dips sides and brake lights and so does the radio. This can last a brief second then theres the noise from the locks again and all the problems stop, other times it can last a few seconds but it always comes back.

now i have read up alot about this and spoken to the lads at local audi garage, tried the unit in the passenger footwell, all is completely dry there not one trace of water ever being near it. took it out opened it up and all looks perfect and cleaned contacts in it. no joy.

I also tried the relay that controls the auxiliary power behind the dash drivers side (370 was written on it) but still no luck. battery is good, connections are good (cleaned them) and is charging perfectly. so really am at a loose end here and would appreciate any info or ideas.

many thanks

I know it's a cliche, but have you had it scanned for fault codes?

Clear the old faults and scan again.
Also check the battery esrth strap.