esp light eratic activation

mitchell197

Just Chillin
Reaction score
I keep getting the ESP light turning on, it hadn't shown for a few days until 2pm today when traveling at 50mph. it normally stays on until I pull over switch engine off/on then doesn't come back on straight away, but returns later. had my local vw guy give it a code read and came back clear, any ideas?????

What did he use to do the code read? There won't be a code stored on the engine ECU, but there should be on the ABS ECU.

What did he use to do the code read? There won't be a code stored on the engine ECU, but there should be on the ABS ECU.

He checked both, no error codes. Very strange. If it comes up while I'm driving around during the week I think I'll take It straight to him and get the code reader on it whilst it's still on!

Get the reader yourself to save trips and cash :icon_thumright:
+1

My VCDS has paid for itself many times over in the 10 years I've had it.

Plus, don't forget that VCDS can also be used in generic mode on non-VAG cars - have cleared the DPF light on a colleagues Lexus several times over to avoid him having to drive 100 miles home in limp mode.

+1

My VCDS has paid for itself many times over in the 10 years I've had it.

Plus, don't forget that VCDS can also be used in generic mode on non-VAG cars - have cleared the DPF light on a colleagues Lexus several times over to avoid him having to drive 100 miles home in limp mode.

Ok, where's the best place to buy one then?

Although I have to say my mechanic is a solid guy, don't think he would charge me again if I took it there if it comes on again.

even if the light has turned off it should still save the fault code