leaking water

audiholic ste

Reaction score
After a bit of help finding out what is leaking on my s3 . It seems to have crack on something under the y shaped pipe that is part of pcv system . What I want to know is this the thermostat housing and what part number is it ? . All help is welcome .

It sounds like your describing the coolant elbow on the end of the cylinder head.

This isn't the stat housing no mate, but it is a common failure point and cause of leaks.

part numbers do vary, so your best bet is to remove yours and take a look, but typically it'll be 06A 121 132 followed by a letter, in my case Q, like this:

URO Parts 06A 121 132Q Cooling Hose Flange with O-Ring | eBay

Cheers prawn and Dave my working day has finished early again . So I will get it stripped off and replaced this afternoon . In what appears to buy a very nice day in the northwest the sun is out .

Its a common fault and a pain to find, well it was for me as it was a hairline crack on mine!!

Bleeding call outs meant I didn't get the new one fitted but I got the old one off it was buggerd . I'm half way there .

Changed mine the other week, might as well do an N249 and SAI removal while you're at it. I kept the pump in place, but removed all of the pipes.

Ahh this is my issue. Thanks guys.

Damn hairline crack... only visible when looking and squeezing water pipes!

Blimin oil breather hose from under the inlet that goes over the top of this has torn too... ***!