Rear suspension strut FWD/Quattro

SinghB7

Reaction score
Are the suspension set ups the same or are they different on the rear between front wheel drive and quattros?

As far as I'm aware they are different as I have a Quattro and lowering springs are different. Don't quote me on this

They are different.

What is exactly is different between them?

I've looked into this quite a lot recently, spoke to a few people and I'm being led to believe they're pretty much the same. If you look at ETKA drawings the wishbones and lots of other parts share the same part numbers between 2wd and 4wd. The only main part I can see that is different is the wheel bearing housing as you'd expect. If it's regarding buying aftermarket suspension from what my research is telling me it's only the spring rates that differ.

Ajax thanks for that info mate.

Any one have a picture how they are different?

I was led to believe that on fwd models the spring and shock are seperate and quattro they are in 1 piece like that fronts.

Ajax thanks for that info mate.

Any one have a picture how they are different?

I was led to believe that on fwd models the spring and shock are seperate and quattro they are in 1 piece like that fronts.

Think they're like that on B5s but not the B6 or B7s. I've searched and searched for pictures of the individual set ups but struggled to find any. Frustrates me that everyone says they're different but there doesn't seem to be any evidence to back it up.

Reactions: SinghB7
I think the rear ones on the Quattro just have more coils on the spring because their heavier on the back. I'm sure I read this somewhere (don't hold me by this)