Nurburg ring advice

Might try to hire a swift on the gate next time i go on the m6 toll.... :happy:

Wouldn't be fast enough for you Dave, they're on the limiter in 5th at 120mph :laugh:

As Daz said, it's not for us to say who goes and who takes what risks, but people ought to know the full story before making that choice for themselves.

I only tell it how it is, from experience. It annoys me when people say 'I'm safe because I'll only cruise around' because that's probably more dangerous as you become a mobile chicane and something for people to avoid.

By all means, feel free to declare that you know and understand the risks, but you're still going to go anyway, that's your own choice.

Just don't try to tell me the risks don't exist, or don't apply to you for x,y,z reasons, because you're only kidding yourself.

Nobody is saying there's no risk but theres a clear difference in risk between someone taking it easy and someone going 100+ mph. And someone not worried about their time while others take risks because their stopwatch is ticking.

You're dead right there Fred, but ultimately, the consequences, and the legality of it, are the same.

Still, at least the beer over there is good :beerchug:

Reactions: Westy
If they want to stay anywhere in Germany cheap. Just look for Zimmer Frei. Just always very clean Bedroom and usually Breakfast.
Learn a little German on needs and musts. Put up with the dead animal heads on the walls, still common to have the hunting mentality.
As for what people that still go there for speed. Whenever we go racing anywhere nowadays, I always see someone that just shouldn't be allowed out on public safety grounds.

Should start a new thread on all the in car/lorry camera clips from the old soviet union, india and the far east? Will eventually be common here.

I just feel like whenever a ring thread appears on here that it ends up in a huge horror story telling exercise to strike the fear of god into the OP and scare them into never leaving their house again, selling their car, and taking the bus everywhere ;)

This OP sure knows the risks now, that's for sure!

Beer is great. Bitburger all the way :beerchug:

Bus?

fa-monstres-sacres-nordschleife-1-img.jpg

Good times....

I miss the place. Will return when I'm rich and can afford to do a proper trackday there :)

Reactions: Crazypete00 and Westy
Please take that with the humour it was intended. I have no doubt your faster than me!!

Please take that with the humour it was intended. I have no doubt your faster than me!!

Nah it's fine mate it's not all about going as fast as you can. That's been my point throughout this whole thread ;)

At least I dropped into the Karuselle. A lot of people go round the outside.

Oh and I was 3 up in that pic so taking it extra easy.

Nah it's fine mate it's not all about going as fast as you can. That's been my point throughout this whole thread ;)

At least I dropped into the Karuselle. A lot of people go round the outside.

Oh and I was 3 up in that pic so taking it extra easy.

I do hear what you are all saying. Its just a very passionate subject and everyone is right as its their take. Looking at pics only ever puts a smile on my face.
I drive my car once maybe twice a month. My daily is a transit that tops out at 65mph so anything over 70 in the s3 feels like im going very fast. So seriously id put myself as one of the slowest here!!

The policies offered provide you with accident damage cover to your vehicle only whilst on track. For the Nurburgring we are currently unable to provide any third party liability cover for your vehicle

So basically, it's useless.

Prawn you know the score! You can tell them as many times as you like. Until they have to suffer the loss themselves, and the computer says NO! But I paid the premium. Computer says NO! They won't believe you. Then just bleat on about it.