Springs/Shocks!

murrayj07

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Pulled off in my A3 (8L 1.8t sport) yesterday and heard a bang from the front left of my car, (sounded like a spring), now, i can see the bottom end of the spring is not sitting in the cup correctly and when turning from lock to lock i can hear it popping a few times, also when going over small bumps, i assume this will be the spring but can anyone confirm this?

Also, since i think its knackered i was going to take the oppertunity to lower the car now, i cannot justify spending the amount that most of the usual bilstein/eibach springs and shocks cost, anyone know of a cheaper alternative with not bad quality, (Hard ask i know!) not in an ideal situation with money or tools, the garage has quoted me 120+VAT for the labour, im hoping not to go over 300 but i'll see what you guys can do.

Finally, what height is 'too much' to lower it by, im seeing 30mm and 40mm would the 30 be a better option?

Thanks!! :icon_thumright:

£300 is no where near enough. I'd replace the springs and stick with oem setup until you have the monies. Just my 2p worth

Hi Guys,

Pulled off in my A3 (8L 1.8t sport) yesterday and heard a bang from the front left of my car, (sounded like a spring), now, i can see the bottom end of the spring is not sitting in the cup correctly and when turning from lock to lock i can hear it popping a few times, also when going over small bumps, i assume this will be the spring but can anyone confirm this?

Also, since i think its knackered i was going to take the oppertunity to lower the car now, i cannot justify spending the amount that most of the usual bilstein/eibach springs and shocks cost, anyone know of a cheaper alternative with not bad quality, (Hard ask i know!) not in an ideal situation with money or tools, the garage has quoted me 120+VAT for the labour, im hoping not to go over 300 but i'll see what you guys can do.

Finally, what height is 'too much' to lower it by, im seeing 30mm and 40mm would the 30 be a better option?

Thanks!! :icon_thumright:

If it's just the spring that's knackered then just replace with lowering springs !!

i just lowered my leon Cupra on 30mm H&R springs, 2 month old virtually brand new. £60 from eBay ;)