Bose speaker replacement

Reaction score
I've checked the stickies but theres nothing on there so thought I'd ask the question.

My Front L/H main Bose speaker is distorting so it's time to replace it. The stealers want 86 quid for a new unit, and lets be honest the Bose system doesn't live up to it's name, as it's performance is very poor indeed.

E-bay have an Alpine set that is compatible with the S3 for sale. I was wondering if anyone had previously fitted these, and can give some feedback?

Audi A3 8L Lautsprecher Türen vorn komplett Hochtöner und Tieftöner mit Adapter | eBay

They are 4 ohm speakers though, the bose setup are 2 ohm, from what I've read 4ohm speakers will work but will be alot quieter? I also have a farting front passenger side speaker so have been looking myself at the options.

I too have a farting front passenger side bose speaker.... seems ok once its warmed up if that makes sense?? Looking to replace if possible...?

I have the same so will keep an eye on this as I've been keeping all sound at the back lately would be nice to have front speakers back!

I haven't actually got round to taking my speaker out yet and testing it, initially I thought it might be the amp, I mean it still could be but I have resoldered it twice in case their were any dry joints, but the speaker still sounds duff.

cammage, if yours sounds better when it's warmed up then it could well be a dirty/dry connection.

Possible... Still seems farty when warm but not as much as when cold.. I pressumed it was just a blown speaker front listening to my "tunez" too loudly :)

I just did this job on my car. A new Bose speaker from the stealers was only £36. Easy to do. There are some guides on here but remove four screws on the door card (one each at the top of the card at opposite ends), then prise the plastic cover behind the interior door arm rest. The other two screws are behind the plastic cover. The door card just lifts off. You will need to unclip the silver interior door handle and the plugs for the electric windows/mirrors/locks etc. Once the door card is removed, peel back the foam and unscrew the speaker. It's held in by three small 20mm torque screws.

It might be worth checking its not your amp that is ******** first. Try the crap speaker in the other side just to eliminate the fault. That will also tell you if your crap speaker is actually broken.

Reactions: RS3 ROCKS and rupe
I wonder if my front two were replaced with 4 Ohm speakers. There seems to be so much more sound coming from the back. I've tried the front to rear fader of course. They seem to sound fine just a quite a bit quieter

I too have this problem. I actually had the garage look at the car today whilst it was in for some bits. I initally bought a 2nd hand bose front speakee but upon fitting it the distortion was still there. Garage have swapped the left hand into the right and it sounds perfect so I know I now have two duff drivers side speakers!

I personally quite like the bose set up so wouldn't want to change it for another make.

Do you have the part number for the bose speaker from audi as that seems a reasonable price compared to the likes of ebay.

Many thanks indeed will pop down and see if I can place an order!

I love the BOSE setup. Added a 300W RMS sub and amp and it's nice it's just the sound from the rear is so much louder

I had a mess and it's just the front passenger speaker so might get one ordered now!

I love the BOSE setup. Added a 300W RMS sub and amp and it's nice it's just the sound from the rear is so much louder

I purchased a replacement door speaker from the stealers last week and just swapped it over today. Nice quick and easy job. Its fixed my problem and now sounds alot better.

LynxE Did you add the sub to the standard bose setup? Ive been looking into this to take pressure off the door speakers and give me some extra bass..

cammage08

I purchased a replacement door speaker from the stealers last week and just swapped it over today. Nice quick and easy job. Its fixed my problem and now sounds alot better.

LynxE Did you add the sub to the standard bose setup? Ive been looking into this to take pressure off the door speakers and give me some extra bass..

cammage08

Yup. Well I say I did, it was a company called Source Sounds in Sheffield. Left the existing install intact and added a JL audio setup (12" sub in a slot ported cab with an amp) for £400 fitted

cammage08 - how much did the speaker from dealers set you back?

Local one to me was trying to make me pay £70 so I walked out!

cammage08 - how much did the speaker from dealers set you back?

Local one to me was trying to make me pay £70 so I walked out!

Vat included it was £44. They had it in next day. £70 does seem alot.