Any benefit B5 TIP V1 to V3?

JD09

I'm not modding, I'm improving
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi all. Is there any benefit swapping out my v1 b5 tip for the all in one v3?

So going from lots of separate pipes with silicone hose attachments to the all silicone hose construction?

http://bit.ly/1glqKoE

only 4mm diameter difference. Prob not a lot of difference at all.
The V1 is a 3 piece thing though, so theres that improvement.
either way its negligible on a low level tuned car.

If you were trying to get everything out of a ko4 or hybrid then it may be worth it. Otherwise, save your cash

80mm Bore vs 76mmOD, so effectively larger where it matters - aka More than just 4mm different. Calc Cross Sectional area of the two.

3" gave good gains, 80mm gave even better gains and simplified fitment, and reduced cost

Received my v3 tip 2 days ago Bill, thanks for the speedy delivery and will be sure to leave you feedback on eBay when I get chance, been moving home so been pretty chaotic the last few days. Thanks again fella.
Callum.

80mm Bore vs 76mmOD, so effectively larger where it matters - aka More than just 4mm different. Calc Cross Sectional area of the two.

3" gave good gains, 80mm gave even better gains and simplified fitment, and reduced cost

Thanks Bill. I presume as I already have a JR filter, heat shield and billet attachment for the turbo all I need is the link above?

You want the v2 if you've got the billet adaptor, the v3 doesn't use the adaptor mate.

you have billet but not silicon?
eh?

how come?

I may have confused myself... I have the V1;

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390209885181230

I thought the bottom part was the billet adaptor?

Failing that, if I have the above, do I just need the original linked item, or anything more? Have a friend with a unit so can fit it myself this time more easily!

your billet is for 3" pipes..

Current TIPs are 80mm bore.. Sloppy fit onto a billet made for 80mm... and the billet is not this design currently, but longer taper..

your options are V3, 80mm no billet version or the V2.2 billet version.

OK thanks, Bill. So how do the V3 80mm versions fit the turbo? My car is a 2002 BAM, so ESP, right hand drive etc. Presume I can therefore just buy the V3?

hose clip, same as std.
(all clips are supplied)

it looks mostly like this>
v3-b5-induction%20kit.jpg

It has a flex bump in current V3's only difference to the pictured one

Bill,

any thoughts on a group buy?

mark

Reactions: sssline and Freeman_1986
hose clip, same as std.
(all clips are supplied)

it looks mostly like this>
v3-b5-induction%20kit.jpg

It has a flex bump in current V3's only difference to the pictured one

OK, excellent - thanks for the laymen's terms chap. Think I'll get one ordered. Fairly certain a leak is coming from having so many joints.

The TIP doesn't really get effected much by leaks? It's where air gets sucked in, not where the air is compressed, plus it's pretty tight fitment.

The TIP doesn't really get effected much by leaks? It's where air gets sucked in, not where the air is compressed, plus it's pretty tight fitment.

Yeah could well be me looking for issues tbh Joe. I know I have a boost leak and don't trust AMD's fitment of it so checking everything!