Head Leaking Oil?? Help

tiki2402

Reaction score
Ok as the title says I think I may have oil leaking from the corner of the head on my apy s3.
We discovered this while changing the sump yesterday and there seems to be oil over the drivers side of the head.
My friend seems to think that when the car was rebuilt the mechanics didnt torque down the head properly.
Could anyone shed any light on this?
Also the car keeps flashing with the red oil pressure light when the car is warm and between 1500 and 2000rpm.
Could this be the result of the head leaking??
Thanks

Forgot to mention the car has had 2 new sumps, 2 lots of oil, 1 oil filter and a new genuine oil pressure switch in the last 2 months and the light still persists!

Yeah the previous owner had changed it twice because he was worried about it packing up again, and he thought it would solve the oil pressure light.

Got it booked in for a pressure test next week so we'll see whats what! Get them to check where thr leak is too!

Did you find where the oil leak was coming from did the same yesterday did an oil and filter change and noticed abit of oil on the bottom of the engine it looks like coming from the back of the engine on the drivers side

Havent found where its coming from yet but was the same symptoms as yours, got it in for an oil pressure test on Tuesday, will let you know the outcome!