the old de-cat question - any thoughts on this?

newbster

Reaction score
hi all

thinking of decat on a diesel pd130, it should pass on emmisions, my last MOT didn't even register on smoke, but maybe failed on visual check of not having a cat, as one was fitted as OE

so, saw this on the golf forum
VW BEETLE BORA GOLF IV 1.9 D 1.9 TDI 90/101/110/130HP 1997- Decat Cat Bypass | eBay

its a down pipe and flex and what looks like a CAT, but has nothing in it.

any body used one, any thoughts , apart from all the polar bears that will die as a result of my decat?
cheers

ust gut your old cat

hi all

thinking of decat on a diesel pd130, it should pass on emmisions, my last MOT didn't even register on smoke, but maybe failed on visual check of not having a cat, as one was fitted as OE

so, saw this on the golf forum
VW BEETLE BORA GOLF IV 1.9 D 1.9 TDI 90/101/110/130HP 1997- Decat Cat Bypass | eBay

its a down pipe and flex and what looks like a CAT, but has nothing in it.

any body used one, any thoughts , apart from all the polar bears that will die as a result of my decat?
cheers

I had a Milltek decat on my PD130 for a few years. It made a very odd noise when letting off boost, like an owl hoot as the variable vanes changed. Got on my nerves after a while as everyone would look! The exhaust also stinks at idle in traffic, came back into the car a bit.

If you can live with that then I would say it felt like it pulled a little better top end, but I have no dyno proof.

thanks

bez, the flex is going a bit, otherwise i would condsider gutting the cat

jim, i'm suprised about the smell, dinn't think it made mcuh difference on a soot chucker