Pink Headlight?!

thegrouch

Reaction score
Jumped in the car tonight, put the headlights on and noticed that the drivers side looked an odd colour, like a pinky/reddish. Side lights and main beam are fine it's just the dipped light (inner lamp) that's gone like this. The car is an 02 S3 but not sure if they're xenon or not, did all S3's come with zenons? If so is it as straightforward bulb swap or is there more to it?
Sorry to sound thick, never really touched the car in the 6 years I've had it other than general maintenance etc!

All S3's came with xenons, when it goes pink the Bulb is dead.

I can supply you a new pair of bulbs with 1 yr warranty.

Thanks
Trups

Cheers trups, is it as easy as changing a regular bulb? How much much you looking for? Are they oem/similar?

Hi.

They are a bulb change, d2s are a bit tricky i think your lights come out easy, speak to member kwistof, i sold him some a month back so he should have it fresh on how easy or hard it was to change.

They are excellent quaility, i bring them in and keep them in stock, if i didnt like them i wouldnt sell them.

Colour will be 6000k so pure white.

Thanks
trups

done mine last week, both can be done without removing any thing other than the light covers.. if its use first time remove the battery and do that side first to get the hang of it as the bulbs and clips only go in the one way.

cheers mark

Hi.

They are a bulb change, d2s are a bit tricky i think your lights come out easy, speak to member kwistof, i sold him some a month back so he should have it fresh on how easy or hard it was to change.

Yes they are pretty tricky to do without removing the headlights fully IMO, but it is possible as epox advised and 100% worth trying first.

The reason they're so tricky is because the black plastic bit that turns to lock and secure the Xenon bulb to the headlight is very hard to secure back on perfectly and I found it a lot easier to take the lights out and complete the task whilst they were on my lap.

I also rate Trups gear and will be using him again for any other bulb upgrades.

Trups- I'll get those other bulbs I was testing sent back as soon as I manage to get down the post office- haven't forgotten fella, just had so much on over this time of year.

Thanks for the advice guys, will have a crack at doing them in situ. Trups, drop me an email grouch@hotmail.co.uk so we can sort a set out.
Cheers
Greg

Sorry to thread hi-jack but I just fitted some 6k D2S bulbs to my s3 and to get them to work I have to flick them on and off 10 or so times then they are fine until there off for about 5mins then I have to do the same again - is this my ballasts getting tired?

Cheers Ben