Audi s3 8L Headunit Fascia

s3ajy

Reaction score
Morning and happy new year to all!

I know this has been covered plenty of times but looking over previous threads ive seen contradicting info.

Basicly, i have a face lift 8L S3 with the full Bose and double Din stereo from Audi as standard.
Due to the Cd changer being broken im looking to replace with an aftermarket unit.

I have the cross over wires looked out that i need to convert Bose to the aftermarket unit.

My question is, was there ever a fascia plate made for the Audi 8L with the double din unit? if so....Can people send me links or item numbers? Open to sugestions I.e Single din or double din. Please note this isnt the "double din conversion" i see alot of threads being pointed to, just a swap out of my broken Audi double din unit to either an aftermarket Single or double din headunit.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Andy

I'm afraid there wasn't ever a fascia adaptor made for the double din A3/S3 8L Andy, or at least if there was I never found one!

I did read in a thread somewhere that an A4 version was available and could be trimmed down to fit, but don't know the part number.

I guess that makes sense though as people retrofit RNS-E units from the A4 and have to trim those to fit, so a facia plate would be the same.

Reactions: s3ajy
Thanks for quick reply....I have halford ordering me in a single din fasica and cubbie hole type deal, if that is a close match ill report back!

Any other suggestions or experience would be welcome :)

When i got mine a few years ago i paid for an 8L facia and got a double din headunit installed but it was wrongly listed on their website and didn't fit, they offered up what they had in stock and in the end they managed to get an a4 to fit with minor trimming of the edges.

I am currently on the middle of fitting the double din to my car. I bought the universal a4 facia kit 02> off eBay. Around £28. The facia needs a bit of sanding away but it's not a bad fit.

I am currently on the middle of fitting the double din to my car. I bought the universal a4 facia kit 02> off eBay. Around £28. The facia needs a bit of sanding away but it's not a bad fit.

Thanks alot for that info! dont mind doing minor mods to get it to work and fit in!
Much needed to be trimmed? have you got full Bose speakers in your car?

Keep me posted on how you get on, be interested in seeing the finnished product :thumbsup:

Thanks, I'm running pioneer speakers all round. The facia ends sanding on the left, right and bottom. I also cut away the forks at the back

Trial fitting

Top work! exactly what im wanting to do.....least i can see that it can be done :) this weekend will be spent in the garage then!

Reactions: Jay A3