8V VCDS Mods

Hi all - can anyone here do the VCDS mod to unlock features and hidden menu's etc? (64 plate S3)

I'm North West area. I used a very helpful chap near Preston (I think) for my A5 but lost his number.

Willing to pay. Cheers

Tomorrow if that suits you mate?

Am not one to take anything if it doesn't cost me anything

Hey guys m trying to activate rear visual parking thru vcds but it says channel not available? My car is 15' 1.8tfsi sedan with parking aid

Going thru adaptation n choose visual parking aid but it shows channel not available

I did but it says channel not available, do i need to do coding for that?
Are you using VCDS version 14 or later?

Also Visual Parking Display is not an adaptation channel, you need to use Long Coding:

Control Module 10 - Park/Steer Assist
Coding - 07
Long Coding Helper
Byte 2
Enable Bit 0

Are you using VCDS version 14 or later?

Also Visual Parking Display is not an adaptation channel, you need to use Long Coding:

Control Module 10 - Park/Steer Assist
Coding - 07
Long Coding Helper
Byte 2
Enable Bit 0
I m using vcds 12.1, will try long coding. Thanks for the tips

Just got VCDS and been working through DJAlix's excellent document.

Sure I read recently (buried in this thread?) that someone had changed the speed at which Main Beam Assist cut in. I'd like to do that but cannot locate the original posting.

Anyone able to point me towards how to modify the Main Beam Assist?

Sure I read recently (buried in this thread?) that someone had changed the speed at which Main Beam Assist cut in. I'd like to do that but cannot locate the original posting.

If possible, as I do not have a car with HBA and I see you also have ACC which would be really useful to a number of peeps here, would you be able to send me your adaptation files so I can have a look to see whats possible?

An updated version of my document has been delayed thus far but with the wife away for the next week I will have time to work on it :)

This is when I set highway lights on my Golf 6. Give it a try"

The Highway Lights function as follows:
Lights turn on at 140kph (actual speed not speedometer speed)
Lights turn off after 10 minutes driving under 80kph (again actual speed) or 10 minutes stopped (with or without ignition turned off)

09 - Central Elec
Coding
Change the drop down menu to RLS
Long Coding Helper
Byte0 - Bit 0 is highway light

To turn off I went from .... 0330AD to 0230AD

I have done that it now activates at 32kph (20mph) was 58kph and deactivates at 24kph was 28kph. I'm away from my notes until Monday have you looked here :-

http://www.stemei.de/pages/coding/audi-a3-8v.php

I have done that it now activates at 32kph (20mph) was 58kph and deactivates at 24kph was 28kph. I'm away from my notes until Monday have you looked here :-

http://www.stemei.de/pages/coding/audi-a3-8v.php

Thanks. Yes been up and down that page a few times and, even after translating, can't find any HBA mods. Would welcome your notes when you have access to them.

I did see they had a section on the ACC setting in the MMI - STG13 - which I thought Ross-Tech were still still awaiting the access code for.

If possible, as I do not have a car with HBA and I see you also have ACC which would be really useful to a number of peeps here, would you be able to send me your adaptation files so I can have a look to see whats possible?

@DJAlix have PM'd you

Reactions: gamegenie and DickiePhitt
Thanks for that link. I found a thread on briskoda.net that pulled several mods together on a sticky and have spent a happy hour or two downloading adaptation files and doing some mods, among them the HBA actuation/deactivation speeds.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/299424-octavia-iii-vcds-adaptations-tried-and-tested/

Another mod from briskoda I've tried is adding the ACC default distance menu to the MMI - I think this is the same as many people have asked dealers to do on collection (but mine didn't know how). I now have a choice of 4 distance settings (and now there's an extra dash on the DIS) but irrespective of which of the 4 settings I select the ACC still seems to start up at position 3. Only had a short trip to test so may have missed something, like the default change needs ignition off/on to register.

Thanks for that link. I found a thread on briskoda.net that pulled several mods together on a sticky and have spent a happy hour or two downloading adaptation files and doing some mods, among them the HBA actuation/deactivation speeds.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/299424-octavia-iii-vcds-adaptations-tried-and-tested/

Another mod from briskoda I've tried is adding the ACC default distance menu to the MMI - I think this is the same as many people have asked dealers to do on collection (but mine didn't know how). I now have a choice of 4 distance settings (and now there's an extra dash on the DIS) but irrespective of which of the 4 settings I select the ACC still seems to start up at position 3. Only had a short trip to test so may have missed something, like the default change needs ignition off/on to register.

The files which you just sent over to me, were they created pre or post your coding session? Reason I ask is the following adaptation is set to off:
  • Option for presetting of time gap = OFF
Turning this on might be what you are looking for.

Last edited:
I havent seen this before , but it works. Worth adding to the PDF.

Exhaust flaps open mode - VCDS - ( saves manually disconnecting the flaps for those that want a louder fruitier exhaust note- also ensures no VCDS error codes when manually removing and taping up etc )- thx to RGS3 for this.

Exhaust flaps all open

===================
1 – Engine module
Exhaust Flaps deactivate
Byte 9
Bit 2 - Exhaust Flaps installed check box default activated – deactivate it and save as usual.

Reactions: DJAlix

Exhaust flaps open mode - VCDS - ( saves manually disconnecting the flaps for those that want a louder fruitier exhaust note- also ensures no VCDS error codes when manually removing and taping up etc )- thx to RGS3 for this.

Exhaust flaps all open

===================
1 – Engine module
Exhaust Flaps deactivate
Byte 9
Bit 2 - Exhaust Flaps installed check box default activated – deactivate it and save as usual.

Agree and is in the next version. I posted this in an S3 based Facebook group for testing a little while ago and the peeps there seemed to like it :)

Agree and is in the next version. I posted this in an S3 based Facebook group for testing a little while ago and the peeps there seemed to like it :)
I have tried it and i think its an improvement for sure..

Reactions: DJAlix
The files which you just sent over to me, were they created pre or post your coding session? Reason I ask is the following adaptation is set to off:
  • Option for presetting of time gap = OFF
Turning this on might be what you are looking for.

Pretty sure the ACC file was downloaded before I modified (line 7) to ON

Pretty sure the ACC file was downloaded before I modified (line 7) to ON
Hmmm. I need to do a little more digging around. Am thinking that this adaptation probably needs to work in conjunction with another / others within 09 and 5F... maybe.

Exhaust flaps all open

===================
1 – Engine module
Exhaust Flaps deactivate
Byte 9

Apart from the enhanced exhaust noise, is there any drawback?

I've got the ACC Default Distance screen working, 4 dashes on the DIS and the ability to alter and retain the selected distance (i.e it doesn't come up on No3 every time the ACC is switched on).

Instructions here:-
http://www.stemei.de/pages/coding/audi-a3-8v/acc-distanzeinstellung-im-mmi.php

The instructions omit to say you need to perform a hard reset of the MMI (Menu+MMI button+top right) to make the new menu screen actually control/change the ACC default setting.

I've got the ACC Default Distance screen working, 4 dashes on the DIS and the ability to alter and retain the selected distance (i.e it doesn't come up on No3 every time the ACC is switched on).

Instructions here:-
http://www.stemei.de/pages/coding/audi-a3-8v/acc-distanzeinstellung-im-mmi.php

The instructions omit to say you need to perform a hard reset of the MMI (Menu+MMI button+top right) to make the new menu screen actually control/change the ACC default setting.
My dealer did mine for free by connecting to the main Audi AG computer system.

Despite asking in advance, my dealer discovered (like other dealers) that they didn't know how to do it. By this time I was collecting the car 100 miles from home and wasn't going back a second time!

Despite asking in advance, my dealer discovered (like other dealers) that they didn't know how to do it. By this time I was collecting the car 100 miles from home and wasn't going back a second time!
My dealer holds regular 'After Sales' evening when they have their workshops open and have most of their technicians there so that you can chat with them. I know one of their Master Technicians quite well and I mentioned it to him and he said "Drive your car into the workshop and I can do it now" He knew exactly what he to do, connected a laptop to the OBD port and then the laptop to their main workshop computer and accessed the Audi AG computers, tapped in a few commands and it downloaded the necessary changes to my car and then recorded on the Audi computers that this had been done so that if I have to have any software upgrades in the future this will be included in them. The whole process took him about 10 minutes. He said that they do a lot of changes this way now.

Hi guys,

I'm driving an 1.4tfsi...recently turned on the needle sweep via vcds....

However, sometimes the needle does not sweep when turning on the engine...it is intermittent...

Anyone encounter this before ?