Hello guys..

Jim_P

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I've had my Quattro Sport Avant now for almost two years and have been lurking and reading, but just haven't signed up so I finally have and saying hello :)

I purchased the car off a friend who is members of other forums and she has been well looked after, when I received the car she was sitting at 107k, and just under two years later she is on slightly over 150k. During the period I've spent a small fortune on maintenance from all the usual sensors,bearings to clutch and flywheel, but the avant see's some mileage on a weekend when I travel to and from work, around 600 miles a weekend so maintenance is a must, but what a car to do motorway miles in!

But, I've added a few things to which I think improve the avant slightly, I've come from a few VAG cars previously and just loved them, previous cars include a MK3 Golf 1.9tdi, .:R32, Fabia vRS and now the Avant..

So what have I done, the car came with 19 inch B7 RS4 reps, wasn't a fan of these so purchased some genuine 18 inch 5 arm wheels, and the ride is a lot better, plus I think she looks better. I'm a massive fan of Bubstar' aka Chris (friend of mine) B6 avant, he doesn't post much now but his avant, IMO is possibly the best looking one around, I take my inspiration from his.

So she has had..

- Shark remap
- BMC panel filter
- RS4 RARB
- Neuspeed shortshifter
- Neuspeed Snub mount
- Meyle HD arms (not overly impressed with these, should have gone 034)
- Pentagon light smoke tints (B pillar back)
- Rear LED number plate lights
- debaged 1.9tdi
- carbon wrapped interior parts (centre console, door inlays)
- RNSE was already fitted
- aero wipers
- painted front grill black
- more than likely some other little bits which I've forgotten

So, whats next, well I fancy some new suspension, sitting at 150k ish she needs a refresh at some point soon, and I would like to put a decat pipe on, this worked well on the vRS but Milltek don't make a downpipe for this model so looking at custom option, and that's about it really I think, oh and service her all the time lol..

I won't really be posting much due to work, family, life blah blah blah but when I can I will :)

A few pics of the ol girl...

New mobile pics 018New mobile pics 019New mobile pics 020New mobile pics 021

Welcome to the site, love the colour.

What do you think of the Neuspeed snub mount? I've been told it's really harsh on a petrol, so it put me off ordering one for my 1.9TDI

Welcome to the site, nice motor! Saw someone speak of short shifters yesterday, how's the Neuspeed one

The Neuspeed Shortshifter is simply amazing, nice and short throw now, well worth the money and wait for delivery, the snub mount works really well, I no Bubstar shaved a little off the corners before fitting, literally about 1mm to stop the vibration, I haven't and its settled down nicely. Ref the Meyle HD arms, I like my car to feel tight, it did once the kit was fitted and now after 25k or so the car just feels as if its back to how it was, realistically I should have gone straight for the 034 Motorsport set, if they need replacing again I will.

The colour is lovely, especially after a good clean and polish. Its Akoya silver.

Lovely car mate. You seem to have done some great mods there...and I am happy to say I have done some of the same, which makes me happy! :)

I think my car needs a decent suspension/ control arm upgrade this year. I lowered it 40mm last year, and it doesn't feel tight anymore. It's at 170k miles too though, on what I suspect are original dampers and arms.

Anyway, back to yours, lovely car! And glad you finally posted. Oh, and I agree about Bubstar's car, it's one of my all time favourites.

Thankyou very much :) I agree with you on Bub's car, its gorgeous and last time I spoke with him its still on 35k!! Think he only brings it out in the summer lol.

35k miles! haha, that is crazy. I am looking forward to mine reaching 200k, i feel like i should get a badge for it.

Reactions: deano1978
Come from a fabia vrs myself to an avant.
Bet you miss the difference in acceleration from a mapped vrs to a big mapped avant lol, I did!

Nice car your avant!

Good evening! I too am a diesel convert and have had the same engine in two my four Golfs, one being a 115bhp that I exploded (melted piston nearest the gearbox) and a 150bhp, which was great.
I've got an RS4 snub mount in my boot waiting to be fitted, I think I need to pull the front end off and forwards a bit though to fit it, I couldn't do it by removing the bolts to the sump only, was this what you found?

Also, how easy / hard was it to fit the short shifter? I wonder if there are any other variants that I could purchase, for less?!