Annoying passenger clunking b7 A4 sline (130k)

Mr.Sline

Reaction score
Hi guy's & gals hope you can help, and before you say I have read all related threads and posts but still no luck

I am getting a clunking/rattle noise from the passenger footwell only over uneven rough road surface and potholes not bumps.

Upon research i have changed the lower control arms, upper control arms, drop link stabilzer's and inner/outer tie rods, yup the noise is still there.
There was no visual wear or play on the old ones but i was told that they are very hard to diagnose so i changed them. Also four wheel laser tracking was done for perfect alignment.

Shock and strut mounts have no play or any signs of wear. All the bolts for the steering rack have been tightened including the bolt under the battery.
Every bolt for the subframe has also been tightend to the correct torque. Engine mounts both driver and passenger has been changed 4k ago along with the gearbox dogbone mount and they have all been re-tourqed.

No idea what to check next now, I am absolutely stumped to what this can be as everything related I have checked or replaced
So any idea's or thoughts will be appriciated

Many thanks

I am actually interested in this too. Have the same problem and the car is going to the mechanic on Friday.

As above mine only happens on uneven surfaces .

A double thanks if anyone knows what it is.

I had similar thing turned out the spring had snapped at the bottom.
Worth a look.

Brake pads have been changed recently along with the supporting clips/bracket which holds them into place, no movement when i checked...visually the spring looks fine will check again and swalder let us know of the outcome

Still no luck, checked all springs appear to be fine along witn the brakes...
Have a doubt on my driveshaft's...the only thing that has slight movement/play
buy would this make that clatter/rattle noise?
When i twist the shaft foward and back it has approx 2mm play in both directions
also when checking it side to side...is this normal?
car has no viberations, no humming noise or any noises when on full lock which are
the obvious signs to a worn shaft...but this is the only thing i can pinpoint at the moment
as everything else is spot on...