Driver door not locking with remote

lynallbel

Reaction score
After the missus accused me of locking her car with the key,( i did explain why use the key when its got a remote?)
The door lock has been playing up, she informs me if you press the fob a couple more time it locks fine.
Unlocks no problem, so naturally im just tempted to blame her!
Is there a common problem? ie wiring or mech problem.

Thanks
Lynall

Stripped door after looking at vid on youtube, real easy, got to the actuator assy, cant go any further as my multi spline bits are at work!
Door has been apart before, probably for the same reason.
Now on the look out for an actuator.

Rung Audi today 160 quid for a lock!, stick that sonny, new from fleabay 90 delivered.
Weird thing is it hasnt played up since i took it apart the other day, but its the wifes car and I dont want the hassle so new it is.

New lock assy fitted, works fine except now she cant release it from the inside, guess who forgot to reconnect the cable!
Not bad job but bit of an **** to fit the little flexi door lock cyl cable to the lock assy.

Well it packed up again, I am now a door trim removal expert!
Went further this time and into the A pillar loom/plug and found a corroded plug and the plug held together with a cable tie, so its been apart before probably for the same fault, so all cleaned up contact spray and back together and working.
Wish I had looked at this first would have saved the cost of the door lock

Hey jus noticed Im lynall and lynallbel whoo hoo maybe start an argument with myself!