A4 cabrio - stereo wiring HELP

B7-cabrio

Reaction score
Hi all,

i have an a4 cabrio b6. It's retro fitted with an RNS-e.
It's non Bose, and I want to wire in 2 amps, and fit sub.

the RNS-e is currently powering all my speakers, 2 front, 2 rear and the 3 in dash.
I assume the vehicle must have an amp somewhere as the rnse won't power all these alone.

anyone know where this non Bose amp is in my cabrio?
and would it have a "12v remote" so I can switch my new amps on and off.??

any diagrams of OEM stero setup on a cabrio appreciated.

I have bose and my amp is behind the boot trim on the right as you look into the boot. I expect the non Bose is in the same place.

yes
there is a 12 volt remote feed to be able to turn on and off your amplifiers
i would check to see if all the system is powered by the ampifier or if some of it is powered from the headunit
if your adding two amps into the system you will need to run new power cable from the battery and ideally fuse the connection within 18 inches of the terminal

thanks for replies, I’ve since posting added a power cable from battery to the boot. its the biggest (thickest) they sold in the audio shop so been assured is up to the job.

i have built a custom sub box (using part of a VIBE 8" active sub) and mounted it in the centre of my boot so it comes through the rear armrest of my cabrio. i removed the ski bag and now if i am listening to music i just remove the rear armrest.

here's a picture:
IMG 1221

i have not yet managed to wire this up. I did find a Blupunkt amp in the boot which runs all my door speakers. this i may keep and just tap into the Line inputs and take off for the sub.

i am hoping to get the sub working this weekend. not the prettiest at the moment but once i have it working and it sounds decent i will make it look more subtle