LHD Sunblind

This looks pretty good. Who is going to be the first to try it?
What alcohol is best to use? Polish Vodka or maybe schnapps !

Hmmm.

I've got some isoprop in the garage so i am tempted to have a go at this when i get my car. What's the absolute worst case scenario - i have to buy a LHD sun visor for £80, which would fix the "problem" anyway.

Got to be worth a go.

Reactions: J6YAK and PilotAudi
Hmmm.

I've got some isoprop in the garage so i am tempted to have a go at this when i get my car. What's the absolute worst case scenario - i have to buy a LHD sun visor for £80, which would fix the "problem" anyway.

Got to be worth a go.

Go for it Itguy, step up to the mark and take one for the team!!!................Good Luck!!

You could just sneak into the local dealer with a cloth and your isoprop ;-)

I keep meaning to pop into my dealer and order this. Don't think it will come off, seems to be under a plastic film of some sort that covers the whole blind.

Has anyone used the alcohol removal technique successfully?

Looking at the German eBay site they seem to be priced at €29.99 + €18.90 postage.
A lot cheaper than the £75 UK part from a dealership.
As I will be in German for two weeks in October I may order one and have it delivered to my hotel.

It's amazing what you can get on room service these days :p

Reactions: Pulp84 and J6YAK
I honestly never even notice mine but the more you keep mentioning it ........

Looking at the German eBay site they seem to be priced at €29.99 + €18.90 postage.
A lot cheaper than the £75 UK part from a dealership.
As I will be in German for two weeks in October I may order one and have it delivered to my hotel.

Take a big case and get a group buy on the go! Lol

Reactions: J6YAK
I have yet to notice it either when driving :racer:

I agree I don't really notice mine any more especially as I have a silver headlining.

Would I consider paying £75 to replace it - No. Would I consider £25 - possibly.