Avoid this S3!

Idrees

Reaction score
Website
www.id-workz.co.uk
Hi guys

Just a quick heads up to anyone who may have seen this S3 on eBay. The bidding had ended now but I am sure the seller will relist it (for the 3rd time).

Here's the link to the advert:

Clicky

I missed the chance to bid on it so I emailed him to see if it's still available. I was happy to hear that it was, and thought it was a bargain.

I travelled 160 miles to view it, spent about 10-15 minutes viewing it and here are the faults I found:
  • Passenger side keyed and needs a respray (deep scratch on the wing, rear quarter and door)
  • The car is misfiring badly
  • Exhaust or manifold is blowing
  • Clutch release bearing or gearbox input shaft is rattling like crazy (sounds completely shagged)
  • Drivers side carpet had been cut right through
  • The overall car looks in poor condition and the paint is covered in ****
  • Passenger side door blade is completely hanging off

That was enough for me to walk away, I'm sure I would more faults if I spent more time checking it out.

The seller tried to hide the clutch noise by pressing the pedal while the car was idling, when I asked him to let off the clutch he quickly turned the car off (LOL). When I started it myself I just laughed at how loud the noise was. In the advert he states it's had new brake pads but they look about 50% worn.

Anyway, it's a bag of nails and not worth anywhere near £2k. I just thought I'd share it on here before anyone wasted their time and petrol.

Cheers
Idrees

Nice one, i actually contemplated viewing this. Thanks for the heads up, it looks deceptively clean in the photos!

A few faults is acceptable but trying to pull the wool over your eyes is a big no no,hope you told him its a nail.

There's loads like this now which is quite sad.. I contemplated selling mine before starting all this work on it! But the new owner would if had to do the clutch, turbo, cam belt and HG and that's too much.. Plus she's worth more to me to sell in that condition! Hopefully when the s3 is aired on fifth gear, the value will go up! :)

I nearly had a cheeky bid on that at the weekend !!!!

Glad I didn't now...... There are some right nails for sale at the minute. I couldn't sell a car in that condition.