who can help fmic

kevlibstt

Reaction score
sorry for the post but there is so many diffrent post on here regarding the fmic . so in the next few weeks i intend to put a fmic on my a3 1.8t 2001 i need to know what fmic to buy and where from and all the asorted pipe work i will need and where from .please dont jump down my throat but there is just so many different posts and i dont know whats right and right (wrong) i also will replacing the exhaust system( s/s )and a remap, lowering ,and s3 brakes thanks for your help kev

hi there
all depends on what you want to spend mate
I have a toyosports and cant fault it
comes with all the pipe work and all you need to do is fab some brackets which again is pretty simple

Your right, there is A LOT of information out there, can be hard to get your head around it all...

here's what I used:

So just to break down:
1 x ebay cooler (2.5"/63mm depth and outlets)
5 x 90 silicone bends
2 x 90 ally bends
1 x 45 ally bend
1 x 45 silicon bend
1 x reducer coming off the turbo (think it's 2.25" - 2.5")
3 x alloy couplers
1 x alloy t-piece (for the DV take) and some way of plumbing in the DV
1 x silicone IC to TB hose (the 2.5" pipe work wont fit in the standard one)

Or some sort of combination of the above depending on how you decide to do it, there are of course other ways!.. You'll also need something to plumb the N75 into, I used a brass connector that I tapped into the DV take and then sealed with chemical metal.

If your engine is AUM (which it should be) you will also need to include a map sensor pipe in there some where. Unfortunately forge appear to be the only people to do them so look forward to getting your wallet out for that!

Think that's about it bud, more pictures of mine on page 3 of my "build" thread:
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-...-frenchmans-a3-daily-track-all-rounder-3.html

I didn't want to loose my fogs so removed the air-con condenser so I could sit it back a bit. If you don't do that your likely to loose fogs and have to trim the crash bar but will save you a fair bit of hassle I'd imagine.

Hope that helps mate, let us know how you get on... Good luck! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Reactions: Drewvic
vag slag interested in where you got some of your pipes from might have to change and custom mine a little bit now after seeing thes thanks

got everything on ebay from MrSilicon & APMotorStore (actually the same company). . . I'm assuming the kit you have uses unbeaded pipe ends, is this what your concerned about?

If so it is possible to make a pipe-beader out of an old mole wrench and a exhaust clamp... Would save you a few pennies if you have access to a welder! Link below:
Boost pipe beader | Retro Rides

vag sory to sound dumb
what is a pipe beader???
was looking at the pipe you have that reduces and goes to the turbo and the two pipes that come off the fmic I want them in silicone mine are alloy with silicone adapters but want the full lot in blue silicone

thanks for that mate and thanks for the link
ive just looked into the beaded pipe maker I have found a guy on ebay that makes a cracking piece of kit