1.9 tdi AJM decat

JonnyDerv

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I have a 2000 a4 1.9 tdi 115 which is remapped and also has an egr delete pipe, im now looking to decat. I was wondering if someone could tell me whether i have a 3 or 4 bolt cat fitment. Any help is much appreciated

I have a 90 afn and I would imagine the 110 the same. Look at your turbo and follow it back to the flexi. Just in front of that is where the cat meets the back of the turbo. Just feel around for the bolts, I'm sure that the 110 has 3

Jonny D! tell me about your remap - what power gain did you go for and could you choose how the extra power was delivered? who did the remap, any negative side effects, I love how the 115 pd responds and drives (there are others who disagree)

and welcome to ASN the bestest forum with the most helpful and enthusiastic Audi owners in the world.

Tommy B.

Gunny you mean 115? As mine is the 115, however sharing the same turbo as the 110 I'm guessing it would be the same cat too. Problem is I have no jack anymore and I can't get it on a ramp ATM, tried looking underneath but there's so much underbody protection I can't see **** other than the back and mid box. Think ill take the gamble and get a 3 bolt, everything seems to point to it being a 3 lol.

Hey Tommy, the car was putting out 119bhp and 279nm on the rollers, after the map it makes 151bhp at 2900 and 377nm at 2600, torque doesn't drop below 360nm between 2300-3000 so a nice flat torque curve. 2nd and 3rd are entertaining. Had it done by CC tuning in Burton, highly recommend them. I asked if the torque could be abit higher in the range because it suits my driving style and the clutch, unsure if the map is usually like what I got or they altered I'm not entirely sure. I can get 60+ mpg when driving ecnomoically on a roads pretty easily, im on 45mpg atm raggin it about town. Negative effects..um can't think of any, million times better than stock, not sure about clutch wear as the previous owner changed mine at about 180k something (on 194k) when mapped. My turbo went recently, kept blowing my intercooler, but that was an original which is on 208k now so it did over 10k mapped and Im not sympathetic in my driving lol. It's definitely worth it, I was getting 7.0 dead 30-70 on a flat straight road with a huge boost leak and knackered turbo so I'm expecting it will be low-mid 6s now with a new turbo and decat.

My apologies lol, I didn't realise there was a 115, how many engines did they put in these things!! lol

My apologies lol, I didn't realise there was a 115, how many engines did they put in these things!! lol

no worries :). There was just the 90 and 110 1.9 tdi's, non PD, then in 2000 they put the 115 PD in. 1.9 TDi's, 1.9 TDI's everywhere lol.

Jonny,its a 3 bolt cat.Where are you?If you're near devon ,I have spare I could decat for you,then swap then over.

tony

Thanks for the offer Tony, unfortunately I'mg from Derby :(. But thanks for letting me know about the bolts, have to get my decat ordered, exciting, love new mods :D