Breaking Blue Thunder!

Blue_Thunder

Reaction score
Can't list this in Classifieds on my phone as it's trying to force me to upload a pic, then I can't select a thumbnail, so parking this ad here for a while! :)

No, I can't believe it either.... but the thread is finally here! *

I will be taking multiple tools to my baby over the weekend and tearing her apart, as she's done to my heart for 7 long years. *

Isn't she a beauty? - Think this was taken the weekend before GTI International - where incidentally, it was the 2nd fastest B5 of the weekend - beaten only by Grizz's 650bhp track car! ;-)
20130630_182331.jpg

A little history on the car for those who don't know her - She was born in Germany, back in October 1998. *She's had 3 previous owners. *I've had her for just over 7 years, back when she was an eager young pup at a barely broken in 78k. *Since then i've thrown more £000's than you can shake a stick at towards her, had some sleepless nights when the turbo fairy visited back in 2007, and again... in 2007 and what I thought was again in 2011 (but turned out the turbos were fine - after i'd spunked £800 on getting them refurbed after 10k mile!) and most importantly... I've spent many hours, weeks and days researching (ok - trawling these forums) all the 'must have' parts that YOU NEED! :lol:

She has literally clicked over 125k the other week. *Cosmetically she is a little rough around the edges, the friction plate on the clutch is going after 15k (thanks Launch Control/Flat Shift! :lol:) and the rear diff is whining. *So after two stays of execution, we find ourselves here - The only logical conclusion to the journey of Blue Thunder. *

A little known fact - Blue Thunder is also known as 'Trigger's Broom' (17 new heads and 14 new handles, but it's still the same broom!). *This is largely in part because virtually everything has been replaced in my ownership. *I'm hardly exaggerating! :cry:

It's had all new suspension arms, suspension, brakes, interior, bushes, brake lines, fuel lines, oil/water lines, ALL the sensors, DIS repair, windscreens (don't ask), loads of facelifted items, lots and lots of maintenance bits (even when they've not needed done - eg: see turbo story!) and of course... lots of things to give me godlike POWER on the roads!!!!

So, to get the ball rolling, here are all 'the big bits' for sale that should appeal to the ASN Massive -

'BIG PARTS' FOR SALE
OFFERS Engine block, heads, etc. - 125k (Cambelt done at 105k Aug 2011)
OFFERS 2 S4 Gearbox's - both with common sticky 1-2. *Maybe centre diffs are of use to someone doing 4:1 mod
£700 RS4 Black Recaros + heated seat loom + PFL heat controls + armrest
£550 RS4 B7 Front Brakes - slight disc judder (still 32mm thick) - still meat on pads
£550 RS4 Y-pipe+hoses/Airbox/MAF/710N's + silicon accordian and y-pipe/tips
£400 APR Bipipe with Devilsown Mater/Meth kit (injectors tapped into bipipe)
£SOLD Bilstein B12 kit
£SOLD H&R ARBS (19mm rear) + Hotchkis Reinforcement Brackets
£200 Fidanza LWFW <20 k old
£200 Facelift headlights + HID + loom - lower mounting lugs broken - fixed *in place by rubber stops (inc.)
£200 Front Bumper - Debarred, expensive German mesh used - needs paint!
£175 EGT sensors < 15k old
£175 Rear Suspension turrets + Front Top Mounts - approx 10k/1 year old
£SOLD AWE DTS
£150 *RS4 oil cooler with excellent condition core + 2 unused pipes + adaptor - a thread on one side of the cooler is goosed, it would need to be internally tapped (this is what I have on my other one which has not leaked a drop in over a year)
£125 Carbon Trim - Single DIN - unmarked
£120 Cluster (brand new DIS) - Unique blue needles + chrome rings
£120 RS4 Exhaust Manifolds - Ported and rewelded
£120 S4 PFL Rear bumper - needs a little paint
£120 Sideskirts
£100 S4 Steering Wheel + Gearknob
£100 ABS Full Unit (ECU repaired this year with lifetime warranty)
£90 *034 Transmission mounts - Street+ density
£80 *Rear upper wishbones w.Powerflex bushes - one needs pressing out and refitting
£80 *RS4 engine mounts
£60 * *Boost Gauge - Red, Digital and comes vent mounted with all the wiring ready to drop in so you don't need to fanny about!
£50 *Coilpacks x6
£50 *Ignition amplifiers
£50 *Lambda Sensors - approx 30k miles
£50 * *Propshaft
£40 *Phenolic Spacers
£40 *RS4 Alternator
£35 *Genuine BMW Compact Lip Spoiler - nicer profile than cheap eBay crap!
£30 *Facelift S4/RS4 Radiator
£25 *S4 Front Panel (PFL, but modified to fit a FL/RS4 radiator!)
£20 *Electric fans
£20 * Delocked PFL boot plinth + wiring/solenoid needed to open the boot from inside
£20 each - Driveshafts (all with OEM CV boots)

NOTE - I believe the above to be priced fairly given the age/mileage/condition of them. *If you don't want it for that price... you aren't getting it! *

NO OFFERS ON THE ITEMS ABOVE! (for the time being at least - I'll post up in a month or two with what's still left and invite offers then)

Buyer is to pay postage (i'll find the cheapest courier for you) or welcome to pick up from Liverpool - the nice bit. :-D

Anything not on the list above, I will accept offers on, as I've not researched into the prices of everything. *But if you are interested in any of the 'other stuff', please let me know asap, even if you can't buy it just yet. *I plan to have the shell picked up in a week or so if all goes to plan, and other than the above stuff, won't otherwise be removing many other bits from the car unless I know there is a home for it.

The bits you probably don't want:
Rear Diff - whining
Rear Subframe - mega rusty and needed a welded repair (prior to fitting the ARB supports I should add!)
Interior plastics - Beige/cloth interior. *Nice!

Although if you are slightly insane, you can have them!

The bits you can't have (for now) - I am undecided on whether I fit these to 'New Thunder':
'400+BHP in a box' (K04's, RS4 Intercoolers, 660cc Injectors, 044 Fuel Pump, RS4 clutch, Full XS Power system with custom link pipes for a perfect fit and another modified RS4 oil cooler)
S4 B6 wheels + 10mm H&R hubcentric spacers all round
S4 B6 rear brake upgrade
RS4 Grille

A bit about me - I'm awesome! *I've been very active on the forum scene throughout my entire ownership, and I'm sure you've seen all the highs and lows of my ownership documented. *I am known personally by a large number of our fellow forum geeks. *I am a very trustworthy seller (take a look at the Cars For Sale ad I posted here in 2009) and I aim to be as open and honest about all the parts I sell, as I've been on the receiving end of tossers on this forum selling me ****e (eg: 'mint' gearbox with 1-2 synchro issue, 'working' aircon compressor that was seized solid, '34mm brake discs' which were 32mm and completely and utterly shagged, etc.), and it's not nice! *I have sold parts to a good few peeps on here, and i've not had any complaints. * Car is also listed on eBay for the masses under my alter ego, where if you want to stalk me, you'll see I have 750+ feedback.

If you are still reading, well done for making it this far. *Have some pics to look at for your troubles.
Modified front bumper - needs a little paint and the mesh needs reattaching properly - will throw in aerosol paint + spare German ABS plastic mesh (the pricey stuff!)
BumperMesh-1.jpg

20130525_165746.jpg

20130223_155737.jpg

Boost Gauge, Lovely DIS and dreamy blue needles to make you unique and more special than any other B5 S4 owner!
20121124_164816.jpg

Not seen enough of that DIS? *Check it out in daylight! *Also, bask in the glory of chrome ring surrounds. *These could be yours!
2012-03-23142632.jpg

F**K ME!!! *Is that a delocked PFL boot plinth? *Gotta get me one of those!
DSC02717.jpg

More pics of specific parts will be put up on request. *Obviously it makes sense to take some of these once the bit teardown begins!

Front diff mount anything special?

Just standard S4. The above list covers pretty much all the mod parts which i'm selling.

Could u send me a few snaps of the carbon single din trim, the seats, vent pod, the headlights and the rear spoiler.
Many thanks micheal

mihogal12@gmail.com

Boost gauge and spoiler already reserved, but I'll get pics of the other stuff to you on the weekend.

centre arm rest please if you have one?!

Would you split these:
£175 Rear Suspension turrets + Front Top Mounts - approx 10k/1 year old

can you tell me the part number on your abs module/pump and better still if its compatible with my car (1999 audi a4 1.8tqs) part number on the abs module is 0 273 004 284 and abs pump number 8EO 614 111 A

chers

Mine is a PFL with no ESP. It's either one of 8E0 614 111 (A/E) - both are interchangeable.

You've got first dibs if you're still interested.

A little update As of 30 mins ago - Virtually everything is now off the car.

Those who have requested postage prices, I hope to have all of these by end of day tomorrow. Those who have requested pics, I hope to have those too. It's going to be fun getting to some of them... the garage is like an Audi assault course! :lol:

If anyone else from outside the UK wants to buy something, please remember to include your home address on a PM, as this is needed for shipping quotes.

Are the hubs/uprights of any interest to you 1.8T chappies? Also, are the chrome window surrounds unique to the S4, or do all B5's have them?

I'm hoping to get rid of the shell before the weekend. If anyone wants something small/insignificant from the bare bones, please let me know asafp.

Just read your car thread on srs but I'm not a member there so posting here. I saw your final YouTube video, with the time of death :( why exactly did you break it? Gutted for you!

It's for the best that the boost gauge and carbon trims seem to have gone as I'd have been so tempted by them ha!