aum replacement for ary whats invlovled

deac666

Reaction score
Hi all , as per tittle been told that the aum engine is pretty straight forward fit to replace the ary motor in my 2002 a3 Quattro. What I need to know is what needs changing/ swapping to get the engine in and working. Been offered a complete 52000 mile engine with ancillaries and poss turbo for £500. So anyone done this swap and can point me in the right direction. Or give me an engine code that's going to be easier. Need to be safe with what I need before I spend the money.

Cheers jon

This is your 3rd thread on this now.

Pretty sure they are the same. Aum is deffo wideband, ary too i think, so nothing to swap over. Maybe SAI delete which youd want to do anyway

Sorry just thought that it would be a separate topic as im looking at going this way. and did not get many other answers on the previous threads.

So I was just wantin to know what is involved in the fitting of this engine, any things that need to be swapped over from old engine etc,

What is the sai delete your talking about and is this necessary??

As I have said before just want a clear understanding on things before I go ahead as im doing the work myself.

Cheers jon

I have read the sai delete in the sticky section and understand what is involved. And it sound to me that it is not a necessary mod.

What im more concerned with is fitting the aum engine itself, I don't want to do any big mods to get the engine in and running.
The reason for wanting to change the engine code is that im finding it hard to find an ary (code) engine. As ive said befor I want to change the whole engine ancliaries turbo etc in 1 go and then freshen up parts/covers etc from the old engine and the fit as and when I can. Any and all help appreciated.

Cheers jon