Coilover what you got and how good?

Gfermer

Reaction score
Sorry about another coilover post been looking around a few old posts etc and going to purchase some near Xmas so I've been looking at the blistein b14 and the kw variant 1, both around the same price and wondering what would be best? I don't really do track days only one is the nurburgring next year, but apart from that just a blast now and then. Want to get good stuff for my car as ill be keeping it very long term and suggestions, pics etc would be ace not going to lower it alot just a tiny bit with some spacers but not even sure what size ??

Get some bilsteins b14's they handle really well be it on any road, and they are height adjustable.. they are just great and give you a boost of confidence

Between the two kits you've mentioned I'd say the KW V1 is more of an everyday kit.

The Bilstein B14 is a superb piece of kit and one of the best for the money but in my opinion comes into it's own on the track.

Damian @ DPM Performance

I've got AP's on mine and they're great for the money, but I doubt you'll go wrong with either of the two you've mentioned.

I have Bilstein B16 PSS10 on my car. Very good suspension. Easy to adjust both height and stiffness.

Thanks for replys just so many out there and different opinions, that's what ill be looking for more daily road use as I don't see the point on me going all out when I would never use them to there full potential, the b16 are a fair bit out of my price range but I'm sure they are amazing, I've said ill spend roughly £800 on them then time I get them fitted spacers etc will all add up got alot more to buy 😄 are tbe kw ones adjustable aswell? I only want to lower it a little bit just close be gap and tidy it up and obviously get the performance from them aswell, I was on dpm this morning having a look as you seem to be well recommended, the ap's seem to be getting a good name aswell got a wee while to decide yet decisions decisions lol what size of spacers would I need? Some1 told me but I forgot if its 10 or 12 at bk then 8 or 10 at front, still learning alot as you can prob tell

I've ordered some H&R, 10mm for front and 15mm for rear. I hope there won't be problems with the rear. We'll see...

not sure how much the b14s are going for but best suspension i reckon for these cars are bilstein and KW you cant go wrong with them and worth you buck if you know what i mean.. in my opinion you can never spend too much on brakes and suspension as they basically keep you alive both on and off the track .. car is more planted on the tarmac corners hell allot better then others but thats my opinion .. though they are doing well commercially speaking for a reason ;)

Yeah I agree can't just go for power need brakes and handling done aswell as you kinda want to stop and go round the corners haha think the blistein b14s are gonna be my choice and there in my price bracket I had in mind, car won't be getting used much over winter so ill order them ssometime soon or start of next year and get them on thanks for the replys