2016 8V A3/S3 Facelift Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
agreed, adaptive lights at least are the way to go
Unfortunately it seems the adaptive headlight technology must have proven to be too costly for Audi for them to not make it a standard to the Xenon Plus light or at least it was too much for them to provide it as an option to sell worldwide instead of just Europe.

So instead I have to contend with the narrow luminescence of these basic Xenon Plus lights that really are awful at lighting up corners on the road.

Do anyone know just how RARE are these Adaptive Xenon Plus headlights for the 8V?

I Can't find anything on it from the web except this pic that pulls up from this forum.

static-cornering-light-jpg.41321

Do anyone know just how RARE are these Adaptive Xenon Plus headlights for the 8V?

I Can't find anything on it from the web except this pic that pulls up from this forum.

The Adaptive Xenons are probably quite rare because most people tend to buy the S-Line model which has Xenons as standard but Adaptive is a £295 option (PXA). With the SE and Sport, if you want Xenons you have to purchase the Xenon Light Package (WB6) which costs £1250 and includes Adaptive headlights with Xenon plus and also includes the Light and range sensor package (PUB) and the Interior lighting package (QQ4). This is the package I have on my 2.0TDI Sport - 184.

Out of interest, with the new A4 which has just been released, the minimum standard of lighting is Xenon headlights with LED DRLs, with the S-Line model getting LED headlights as standard. The SE and Sport can be upgraded to LED headlights as a £1050 option and all models can be upgraded to Matrix LED headlights for £1750 on the SE and Sport and £650 on the S-Line. Perhaps similar options will be made on any facelift A3.

Unfortunately it seems the adaptive headlight technology must have proven to be too costly for Audi for them to not make it a standard to the Xenon Plus light or at least it was too much for them to provide it as an option to sell worldwide instead of just Europe.

So instead I have to contend with the narrow luminescence of these basic Xenon Plus lights that really are awful at lighting up corners on the road.

static-cornering-light-jpg.41321
We know we hear ye if the headlights bother you that much,change the car man,the only way

Also some/a lot US states have strict legislation on certain types of headlights maybe you live in one such state

Last edited:
I really don't rate the standard (non matrix) LEDs on the 8V.

The 8V Xenons have more light output, and a better (more even) spread of light than the 8V LEDs.
(side by side comparison)

The Matrix LEDs on the A6 are impressive, but still, when you compare them with Xenons from an E Class Mercedes, or Range Rover - the light output from the Xenons is still higher. The only advantage of the Matrix LEDs is when they are in matrix mode, with oncoming traffic or following a car, you get more of the road illuminated vs. dipped beam of the Xenons.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Headlights?

BMW LaserLights anyone?

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Rob2k68
Wonder whats next in the car headlight technology

From candle's, thro. gas lamps, leccy bulb's, halogen bulb's, xenon's, LED's, laser's ...

Something off the Starship Enterprise per chance ? :think::laugh:

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Simon L and Jassyo06
There are a few things which I'd like to see with the face-lifted model, some of which people have already mentioned.

Virtual Cockpit - Looks to be one of the best things on the market right now and one of the reasons I'm going to see the A4 next week.
USB Port (as standard) - It would make life easier as I have to plug two leads in to charge my phone (comes standard on a lot of cars).
New Engines - I'm a little concerned as it seems my drive-train is only available in S-Line spec now, so I hope a new one comes along?
Clock on DIS - This infuriates me and you should be able to have it on regardless of what the DIS is showing (I use the digital spedo).
Trip/Journey Info on MMI - The on-board trip computer stuff/fuel range etc (rather than just on the DIS), BMW iDrive has this.
Matrix LEDs - Given that they're working their way through the range and look brilliant, they should end up on the A3 lineup.

I'm sure some of this wont happen and may not be till the next gen A3, but I live in hope.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Agree about the clock... I find that annoying too

Reactions: Rob2k68 and perazzi
Clock on DIS - This infuriates me and you should be able to have it on regardless of what the DIS is showing (I use the digital spedo).

Have not received mine yet and you seem to confirm what I already heard about this clock. I thought there was a setting somewhere in MMI.
I had that on a C3, so come on Audi....

Yeah its going down the Q3/TT route which is natural...Wonder how much them roof spot lights will be on the options list....LOL
Led Drls standard base models,Led headlight standard from S-Line upwards,visual cockpit,new rear led lights....and couple superficial...gizmo's on the inside...dont see them them changing the seat style...different alloys...Option of Matrix headlights....don't much else happening

Reactions: Audi Ultron, AndyB-S3 and Rob2k68
Thanks for posting the link Rob2k68. There doesn't seem to be that much changing, but even so any improvements are welcome.
New Engines - I'm a little concerned as it seems my drive-train is only available in S-Line spec now, so I hope a new one comes along?
I've come across the following article which suggests that the 1.8 TFSI engine is going to be replaced with an upgraded unit that features 'Cylinder On Demand' (COD) technology, like you get with the current 1.4 TFSI 150 PS unit. In addition, the output of the new 1.8 may see an increase from 180 PS to 190 PS. Therefore, that's another thing which can now be ticked off my facelift wishlist! In theory. :)

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/s...-tfsi-with-cylinder-on-demand-tech-94866.html

Last edited:
Reactions: h5djr and Rob2k68
Thanks for posting the link Rob2k68. There doesn't seem to be that much changing, but even so any improvements are welcome.

I've come across the following article which suggests that the 1.8 TFSI engine is going to be replaced with an upgraded unit that features 'Cylinder On Demand' (COD) technology, like you get with the current 1.4 TFSI 150 PS unit. In addition, the output of the new 1.8 may see an increase from 180 PS to 190 PS. Therefore, that's another thing which can now be ticked off my facelift wishlist! In theory. :)

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/s...-tfsi-with-cylinder-on-demand-tech-94866.html
Very good video showing how Cylinder-on-demand works.

Reactions: Audi Ultron
I realise this is a subjective thing, but is anyone taken with this new "3D Grille" business?

0hQzruh.jpg

Reactions: Scottyg, Rob2k68, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
I realise this is a subjective thing, but is anyone taken with this new "3D Grille" business?

0hQzruh.jpg

What l do like, is the Slimmer LED headlight unit's,they make the front bumper deeper looking just on there own

Reactions: Scottyg, Rob2k68, Simon L and 1 other person

0hQzruh.jpg

Oh dear ! Works wifi blocked out all images the swines lol. Probably a good thing in this case !! Doesn't float my boat looks scaled down from the Q5 & Q7.

Reactions: Jassyo06, Simon L and veeeight
Yes, really not convinced of all this corporate grille and 3D grille business.

It's not a great look for me.

Reactions: Rob2k68
Audi A3 facelift rendering 0
Audi A3 facelift rendering 2

I have posted this before,but it fell on deaf ears,the lights l think are almost spot on,as is the front grill won't be far away from this

Reactions: Rob2k68
Reactions: Simon L and Jassyo06
The headlights in the 'actual' photos are cut back in so they actually look like the new A4 lights and you can see the same kind of lower air intakes as in the restyled A1 / S1 ie the vertical slots. Grille looks similar to new A4 as well. If you look at the rear light graphics too they again match the revised A1 style
Audi A3 Sedan facelift 1

I hope the outside just has some new lights and stuff, looks like they're headed for the same grille on the q3 in the prototype. Would be cool to have the AVC on the interior though

Anyone got ideas on when specifically this facelift is arriving?

Looking at ordering an S3 saloon soon, so just weighing up options

What's the pricing like usually for the facelifted models?

Can't see any major differences really though that would make me wait for the new one

Thanks

I called in to see my dealer today for a coffee and a chat. He said the facelifted A3 will be out around June 2016. He also said he would email the details as soon as he has them. Watch this space!

I also arranged to have a test drive in a new A4 Avant.

I called in to see my dealer today for a coffee and a chat. He said the facelifted A3 will be out around June 2016. He also said he would email the details as soon as he has them. Watch this space!

We all know its going to be revealed at the Geneva motor show in March....then filter through to dealer's come May/June....so specific orders.....will be September....and full in face orders come January to March the 1st

Reactions: Pulp84, Scott.T and Snake Pliskin

Is that deliveries in June or orders in June.
It could be orders in April and June deliveries. Based on past experience of spec changes introduced April 1st.
Are you able to confirm ?

Status
Not open for further replies.