2014 Glacier White Revo S3

Latest update, I have purchased a Forge High Flow Discharge Pipe which should hopefully arrive this week

Here is the OEM pipe which is known to crack if you have tuned your S3

View attachment 146134

And here is the Forge item:

View attachment 146135

Designed as a direct replacement for the OEM plastic discharge pipe used on 1.8T and 2.0T engines found in various VW, Audi, Seat and Skoda models.

Full mandrel bent single piece hard pipe with larger bore size for increased flow. This ensures high amounts of air are discharged from the turbo charger and therefore releasing the full potential of your engines capability’s.

Unlike the OEM discharge pipe that is prone to failure from increased boost or many heat cycles the Forge Motorsport high flow discharge pipe will not crack or fail ever.

Are you going to replace the Turbo Outlet pipe also ?

No, the turbo outlet pipe connects from the TMD to the intercooler. I asked as I seen you changed the throttle pipe and usually being your there you may as well do the turbo outlet as well.
I’m looking for feedback as I’m going TBE this week and will be looking going stage 2 with IC and the throttle and turbo outlet if they make a difference.

Forge throttle pipe now installed, handy enough for the boys - see the diameter difference (forge left, oem right)

9C5808AE F646 4557 8957 9A87EB22E596

Hard at it :p

1E3B6927 E1AF 4F0B 9D6D 29FB5525334F

And a nice surprise when I arrived :) being fitted Friday 02/02, can't wait!!

69D998DA AE1D 4275 9A8D 2EC7B46E6F29

Reactions: Rob2k68, MikeParkin, SPIKE_ and 3 others
Car is looking really well @Boydie some really nice mods!

Reactions: Boydie
Exhaust on, sounds great, more crisp and no drone at cruising speed which is perfect.

I was a bit concerned since I was going valveless but glad I spec’d it the way I did:

Cat back
Resonated
Non valved
Polished ovals (upgrade from stock)

Great work from AH Services in Antrim, very happy with the fitment

6D12A184 A38C 4467 B509 DFBE8447957C

FD47D865 87F6 4693 BFDF 6096E07265EE

7DD5EF76 6A2F 4F8C 80BD 5DD10A5BD2BE

E56B6798 CB69 4E4D 9D78 D41EFAB9084D

B665DB50 BC0E 48C0 A521 02522852A34C

CB4B55AC DEDE 4C23 A603 8EDC0713F7B7

Reactions: TomBlueS3, I4N, Pinky1959 and 7 others
Looks good...Very OEM looking. Is your rear valance grey? Would look much better in gloss black - suffer the same issue with our S1.

Where you mentioned the forge throttle pipe with the photo of them both is that not the turbo outlet pipe if I’m not mistaken?

Thought it was @Boydie, been looking into get the set myself.. it’s between Revo and Cts Revo is slightly cheaper.
Although over on another forum people who have tuned above stage 2 and over the power I am wanting are stating the standard ones give enough cf flow.. so I’m undecided what to do.
Probably hard to say if you noticed any difference as you haven’t only had that fitted have you

To be honest no I haven't noticed a difference - it would have been ideal to do data logs or dyno runs before and after each mod but that's costly and time consuming. All I know is that the diameter is larger to allow more flow and that's good enough for me lol

If forge release a throttle pipe then I will probably get that too

Reactions: welshy_a4
Had a couple of days off there at the start of the week and took the wife off for a spa break to where we got married a few years ago.

Was a fantastic day yesterday here in Northern Ireland so I couldn't help myself but go for a drive around the surrounding Mourne Mountains in Co.Down!

It was fantastic! With a dusting of snow on the peaks and next to empty roads, I had a blast!

AFB912FA CC7C 4ABE A658 6333199D2C8B
E6CF49F8 8977 43C9 93BD FB528E174F22

Reactions: Timi8888, jungle650, SPIKE_ and 2 others
Not car footage but just some quick editing of the mountains of where I was driving

Stunning place.....haven't been down that way in ages! I assume you have a drone?

I have the phantom 4. My advice would be to adjust the sensitivity. I found all the information from YouTube for settings. I fly in manual mode for recording and also one of the best accessories to buy are filters ...

@Boydie how’s the exhaust sounding? Trying to decide on resonated or not and valved or not. Any links to a YouTube or instagram account. Thanks

This is mine none valved none res.

Reactions: NevMan and I4N
I love it tbh - nice note and nothing too loud or droney

I haven't had a chance yet to make a video due to work and weather but want to do a proper video with my equipment.

Happy I went with the non valved resonated!

Reactions: I4N
Thanks @RS3 S.

I am pretty sure that is me basically done with the car mod wise - there is nothing much else I can do to the car without spending a clean fortune going to Stage 3. I town drive most of the time so 500bhp and the economy would be completely wasted, so is 400bhp to be perfectly honest!

I have a baby on the way so my main objective with the car is to just keep it as clean as possible and presentable. I got my wife a Q5 and have a lot planned for it so it will keep me entertained for the next number of months car wise lol

Reactions: RS3 S.
Haven’t updated this in ages!! Mainly because since getting the Q5 and having our son, nothing has been done lol

With the hose pipe ban and holidays, it has been seriously neglected to the point where I have considered selling it to get something a bit more practical that we can use more often and I can a have a lot of fun in.

I signed up for the drag racing event at St.Angelos with @56oval. I’ve never done any form of motorsport before so I was quite nervous and excited about this.

What a day, I’ll let the other thread do the talking but my S3 was brilliant and recorded a fastest time of 12.27s for the quarter mile at 113mph!

45B63904 74E9 4E11 B756 CD0C8FEA21E4

BCF7A217 0AAF 42C3 841C AE7A5DB2AE65

CE4EF4BD 3A46 43EE 981A 3EB1F7A09673

Some videos:

Next plans are to finally install my hardware kit for the dash cam and to fit my leather centre console.

The idea of changing is still on my mind but so is also taking my S3 to the next stage but will have to think a lot more about that to be honest.

Reactions: BarryG79, NevMan, MikeParkin and 2 others
Haven’t updated this in ages!! Mainly because since getting the Q5 and having our son, nothing has been done lol

With the hose pipe ban and holidays, it has been seriously neglected to the point where I have considered selling it to get something a bit more practical that we can use more often and I can a have a lot of fun in.

I signed up for the drag racing event at St.Angelos with @56oval. I’ve never done any form of motorsport before so I was quite nervous and excited about this.

What a day, I’ll let the other thread do the talking but my S3 was brilliant and recorded a fastest time of 12.27s for the quarter mile at 113mph!

View attachment 162183
View attachment 162184
View attachment 162185

Some videos:

Next plans are to finally install my hardware kit for the dash cam and to fit my leather centre console.

The idea of changing is still on my mind but so is also taking my S3 to the next stage but will have to think a lot more about that to be honest.

just had a catch up of this thread @Boydie ****** awesome. I have to say, you do stuff properly!! Have loved your Q5 thread, and this one is right up there :icon thumright:

Reactions: tuningman73 and Boydie
Thanks - the bhp bug for stage 3 is hitting me hard and been doing a lot of research into it so will see how things go over the next couple of months!

Reactions: MikeParkin and NevMan
Thanks - the bhp bug for stage 3 is hitting me hard and been doing a lot of research into it so will see how things go over the next couple of months!

This is what I'm thinking at the moment. Not quite sure what to do ha.

Reactions: NevMan
When I do bite the bullet I won't be using Revo stage 3 more likely MRC or VRS Northampton.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and NevMan
VRS cars were great to watch around Donington at VAG Tuner. Love the stage 3 4WD Leon that they’ve built - fab car as is Will’s Clubsport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

IMO we haven't the tuning experience over here to go with the likes of a company like MRC or VRS so you are kind of stuck with Revo or even APR but even APR are relatively new here in NI and again, I just don't think the experience is there yet with their software.

I have been using Revo for the last 10 years or so, ill stick.

IMO we haven't the tuning experience over here to go with the likes of a company like MRC or VRS so you are kind of stuck with Revo or even APR but even APR are relatively new here in NI and again, I just don't think the experience is there yet with their software.

I have been using Revo for the last 10 years or so, ill stick.

To be honest I'm more than happy with my Revo software at stage 2 car drives great. I think staying with them is a good idea and I my end up doing the same but still unsure what to do.

You don't see much about Revo and it's a shame.

TTE470 vs IS38ETR

https://www.awesomegti.com/shop-by-brand/tte/the-turbo-engineers-tte470-hybrid-is38-turbo-charger/

https://www.onlyrevo.com/product-details/turbo/is38etr-enhanced-turbo-upgrade

I have been offered a second hand TTE470 for very good money and currently researching turbo service to see if its worth my while buying however, since I have never changed turbos or gone to this level of tuning, would the Revo Stage 3 software be compatible? I assume so but something just in the back of my mind is telling me to go with the IS38ETR

The main reason is cost saving
The other reason is that I could do this now with the 470 if I decided to go with it whereas the IS38ETR would be several months down the line

Any thoughts?

I would imagine you would need a custom map for the TTE470. Both will give you the same sort of power to be honest.

I like the idea of Revo but the figures are not as good as other set ups are, having said that Revo will not stress the engine as more powerful setups.

yeah @MikeParkin you're right - with a bit more research, the TTE470 is not compatible with Revo software so looks like I'd be going for the IS38ETR

I have sent requests off to my tuner so hopefully hear by the end of the week what way I want to progress.

The urge is too strong - enquiries sent :)

2228_Revo+IS38ETR+IS38+Enhanced+Turbo_xl.jpg

Waiting on stock to come back in from Revo which I am told will be at the end of the month

@Revo Steve-W - have you any footage or dyno run videos of a Stage 3 S3's? General power output on cars running 97ron fuel?

Reactions: Shaun-84, MikeParkin and NevMan
I will need new brakes soon and since my plan is to go Stage 3, then why not now?

I have been eyeing up changing to the Clupsport brake kit - mainly because it is OEM, lighter (09.kg each) and I retain the use of my optional extra red calipers

So, I've ordered a set of Clubsport front brakes with DS2500 Ferrodo pads and matching MTECH rears with same pads

Hopefully these should arrive this week, early next week then get them all fitted when the turbos are back in stock with Revo by the end of the month - exciting times ahead for my car!

MQB_340mm_Clubsport___55141.1490778496.1280.1280__13380.1490796994.jpg

Reactions: Jamesey78, NevMan, SPIKE_ and 2 others
I will need new brakes soon and since my plan is to go Stage 3, then why not now?

I have been eyeing up changing to the Clupsport brake kit - mainly because it is OEM, lighter (09.kg each) and I retain the use of my optional extra red calipers

So, I've ordered a set of Clubsport front brakes with DS2500 Ferrodo pads and matching MTECH rears with same pads

Hopefully these should arrive this week, early next week then get them all fitted when the turbos are back in stock with Revo by the end of the month - exciting times ahead for my car!

MQB_340mm_Clubsport___55141.1490778496.1280.1280__13380.1490796994.jpg

This is what I have done but I would do the lines and fluid while your at it.

I'm very confident in the brakes now, it's a very good mod to do.

Just be careful with the pads as the spring clips on the pad could be squashed so you will need to open them out.