1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2013 Audi S3

Discussion in 'New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)' started by Snake Pliskin, Feb 26, 2013.

1. gilesf

gilesf Active Member

VERY nice spec d8ean, that is going to be one fun motor!!! Defo worth the wait, I could have picked several colours tbh, hell, I even liked that custard thing someone posted but not the extra 2k for a custom colour!! Glacier looks the nuts to me.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Johnnyb

Johnnyb Well-Known Member

Think of it this way.....You've got Xmas and New Year coming up to keep you incredibly busy / take your mind of it somewhat, then during the coldest and most boring months of the year when there is nothing happening (Jan & Feb) you have got the S3 looming imminently + the start of the good weather to look forward to!!

4. kenny_boon

kenny_boon Active Member

5. gilesf

gilesf Active Member

Well said, very true!! My wife keeps taking the piss out of me, "it's just a car" she says, she's right in a way of course but it's so much more than that, when you wait nearly 4 years to change its a damn long time!!

Johnnyb likes this.
  6. paullowther

paullowther Member

Anyone know what category of alarm the car has and whether it's got a tracker fitted as standard?

7. Marky142

Marky142 Member

I would have thought Cat 1, no tracker. How is the black beauty performing?

Solly1 likes this.
  8. CraigI

CraigI Well-Known Member

Definitely no tracker.They'd have given you the paperwork on collection day if it had as you'd have to subscribe to activate it.

9. T3ryp

T3ryp New Member

I've done a fair few miles now and can confirm that if you do not use good high grade fuel you will notice a difference. Mine had tick over problems which even flashed the engine management light on. Only put s**t fuel in because I was caught out with my fuel light on (again!!) and in desperate need for fuel.

Lock & Load likes this.
  10. Duds44

Duds44 Member

Just read one of the first Aussie reviews and they mention that the Super Sport Seats lose the electric adjustment; can anyone with the SS Seats confirm this?

(source: Audi S3 Sportback first drive review)

11. misthills

misthills Member

Haven't got my car yet but I was told by the Audi dealer pre-ordering that the SS seats lost electric adjustment (it does retain electric lumbar controls). I was a bit annoyed at first (in Aus there is no choice but to go the SS seat if you wanted the B&O sound system!!!). I've come to terms with it as I typically find electric adjustment of the seats more tedious then anything else.

12. Duds44

Duds44 Member

Fair enough. Just a little disappointed that other makers can do electric adjustment on their sport seats. Oh well, no choice but to have the SS Seats with the S Performance pack down here.

Will love it regardless! :drool:

13. misthills

misthills Member

I get the impression that you can get the electronic adjustment on the SS seats as an option in the UK and Europe, it is just not an option in Australia.

Duds44 likes this.
  14. Lock & Load

Lock & Load Member

Look at it as one less thing that can go wrong this car already has too much high teck that if it goes wrong its costly too diagnose and fix

Duds44 likes this.
  15. Battlekrapz

Battlekrapz Member

SSS is non electric in UK and continental Europe also.

16. Sparks43

Sparks43 3rd Gear

Just had an e-mail forwarded from my dealer from Audi sales confirming that my car will come with the aluminium footrest and pedals

Fingers crossed

17. Silky-S3

Silky-S3 Is loving his new 8V S3!

Sorry mate, but it wont have the alu footrest if it's RHD.

18. c.grex

c.grex Member

Funny that, have you asked Daniel for a build week? He told me week 8 originally (within a week of ordering), and then said at the start of the month it had come forward a week to 7. Still saying it will be mid to the end of March for picking it up.

19. Sparks43

Sparks43 3rd Gear

I'm not getting my hopes up to be honest but when I queried it Audi were aware and said as I was build week 5/6 should be sorted - Chased them and the dealer forwarded their e-mail confirming

You're probably right though

20. gilesf

gilesf Active Member

Yes, I have actually asked twice, he's replied quickly on both occasions to say that his system has still not updated - its weird as you say because even guys who ordered 1 week ago have been given build dates so im just anxious to get the date. Week 7 for you sounds good, thats the sort of timescale that im hoping for but just dont know. I dont want to hassle and appear to be desperate, hopefully Daniel will be in touch in a day or two as its over 2 weeks since I placed the order.

c.grex likes this.
  21. Zig81

Zig81 Active Member

I ordered a week and a half ago but still have no build date. Dealer said he would check today to see if he had one. No call so I'm assuming I still don't have one.

22. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  23. gilesf

gilesf Active Member

Thanks for that. Im sure that the dealers would give us the build dates straight away, just takes however long it takes in Germany. Mine is a part-ex deal so I wondered whether cash buyers get priority, cant see it though.

24. PilotAudi

PilotAudi New Member

Nah... it's those of us nice people who don't have PP's who get the best deals.. (joking!!) And cash is oooh so common! ;-0

Kempysue likes this.
  25. Zig81

Zig81 Active Member

Dealer just rang me, my build date wasn't showing on his system so he rang Audi sales dept and they've told him my build date is week 7. My order was placed last Thursday.

26. gilesf

gilesf Active Member

Ha ha, tis the season to be jolly so we can joke about PP's!! (private plates for the record!). Yeh, cash is overrated!

27. gilesf

gilesf Active Member

28. PilotAudi

PilotAudi New Member

Let's start a new thread then Giles ;-)

gilesf likes this.
  29. PilotAudi

PilotAudi New Member

Build dates seem to start at x and vary a lot.
    We ordered 2? September , told week 7 then week. 5 then week 3 now I'm told it's locked on week 4 . Certainly hope so as old 8P BE quattro SB is on Audi www.

30. gilesf

gilesf Active Member

Yeh, I was surprised that Dec orders we're being quoted wk 7 bearing in mind what you were quoted, wk 4 sounds ok though. Lots of factors affecting it all I suppose, I wonder how long it takes to build the car from start to finish? Would be great to collect from Germany but too much hassle involved.

31. PilotAudi

PilotAudi New Member

Audi will no longer allow German collection. Tried that one. Would be good to get an all expenses paid visit to the factory. Feel free to PM me Audi if you read this. I promise to behave and drink all your lovely beer. Danke.

32. gilesf

gilesf Active Member

Pity. Trip to the factory would be great though. Yes, would happily contribute to some German beer consumption Audi if you're watching!

33. barber6

barber6 New Member

Sat in mine on Wednesday, going to collect it Monday! All over this like a big lass on hot chips

34. royalsteve68

royalsteve68 Active Member

"All over this like a big lass on hot chips " I'm speechless,lol!

35. c.grex

c.grex Member

still a option on a R8, and they 'only' want £500 off you for saving them the haste of getting it on a boat, transporter etc.

36. barber6

barber6 New Member

well I am haha! I also ordered alcantara, they messed up the order and put in full leather, so they compensated with £500 off the deposit, free GAP insurance and full tank of fuel. WKDDDDD

37. the_lecht_rocks

the_lecht_rocks Well-Known Member

Another Germanic idiosyncratic error............

38. Leeber

Leeber Active Member

I enquiried about this too, even offered to let them keep the delivery fee and arrange my own flight and hotel. Still got a no though. Shame!

gilesf likes this.
  39. Battlekrapz

Battlekrapz Member

Just fitted my winter set on my s3 and all went well until i went for a test drive to check it was all ok. The car started making huge scraping noises from the front of the car. The noise was so bad i thought i forgot to tighten some lug nuts and the tyre was coming off but in fact... The IDIOTS at audi have stuck the weights RIGHT under the brake callipers. The weights were scratched quite badly, instantly noticeable when i stopped and checked the rims. i need to go back to audi and express my disappointment...In the meantime i took a screw driver and took the weights off with a vengeance (!!) and now the car drives fine...If u ask for a winter set, beware where they place the weights!!! Calipers are way bigger than on an a3 (might not be obvious to some, such as the idiots who sold me my winter set!)

40. d8ean

d8ean Member

Caliper damage?

41. S3quatt

S3quatt Flat Oot like a ducks Foot
    VCDS Map User

No offense, but didn't you spin the wheels before you lowered the car back down?

Also out of curiosity, what are the PCD & offset on the 8V S3?

42. Battlekrapz

Battlekrapz Member

I was going very slowly as i heard the noise straight after starting off, so i seriously doubt there'd be any damage to the callipers, possibly a little paint came off them. Anyway, I'll ask audi to check for safe measure. @S3quatt: none taken, i just didn't think it would pose a problem. I did check the callipers didn't touch the alloys and also reversed slightly and went forward slightly to check all was ok, obviously all was fine as the weights didn't have the chance of passing under the callipers... I must admit spinning the wheels would have been a far smarter move.

#3960 Battlekrapz, Dec 14, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2013