2008 spec

h5djr said:
I think in general the Civic probably appeals to the 'younger' driver who prefer a flashier car.

I can't back it up with figures,but the Civic drivers I see are still anything but youngsters.
Youngsters might go for the recently released Type-R,but normal civic drivers still seem to be quite mature.
It's possibly still too expensive for younger drivers.

I've taken out the Type S Civic ( 3dr)as its on my shortlist along with the A3, fantastic drive and easier to get in and out of the back than the A3 (IMO)..but one drawback.. you can't see a thing looking back behind your Right shoulder for that quick overtaking blind spot between the wing mirror, apart from that the standard spec was Fab and 140bhp..but not the same league as an Audi, but I liked it :)

Anybody got any updates on this? My build date is week 24, so just curious.

No news on the 2008 changes but mine is due to be built during week 23 and I noticed on the order that the colour is "Ice" Silver so it will be a 2008 model.

Was sort of hoping they'd say SatNav is now standard - no chance !!!

Mines week 23 build too. And it's going to be an 08 model, got a screen print off the system Audi ordered if from showing: 08 Audi A3 2L 2.0 TDI S line Man.170

Not sure if it will be different to previous models.. think you get illuminated vanity mirrors on 08 models now but don’t know what else.

I have just been to see my dealer as he has given me a sight of the Model Year 08 Changes document issued by Audi UK on 8 May 2007.

It Reads....

With effect from production week 22 (w/c 28 May 2007) Audi Q7, A3, A4, A4 Cabriolet, A6, A6 allroad, TT and R8 will move to the 08 Model Year.

As far as the A3 and A3 Sportback are concerned the changes are minor...

Changes to standard equipment/settings

Please not for all manual vehicles built following production week 22/07 the engine can only be started by depressing the clutch.

There are no other specification changes.

Changes to optional equipment
  • 7.5J x 17 '5-spoke' design alloy wheel is not available in combination with S line trim.
  • 7.5J x 18 '14-spoke' design alloy wheels are no longer available.
  • Audi exclusive leather packages are only available in conjuction with Sports seats.
  • Audi exclusive line now includes head restraints with coloured stiching.
  • Audi exclusive line increases in price on the Sport model to £2,000
Changes to colour range
  • Moro Blue, pearl effect (P7) is deleted and replaced by Deep Sea Blue, pearl effect (8A)
  • Light Silver, metallic (5B) is deleted and replaced by Ice Silver (P5)
  • Toucan Yellow (9N) is deleted.
So no big changes for the A3 range for Model Year 2008 apart from the clutch needing to be depressed before your can start the engine on a manual gearbox model.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for your information!

A really big worry off my mind ... at least I got to claim I have the newest "model" for longer, haha.

When I had the S3 for a test drive last month, you couldn't start it without depressing the clutch - a message came up in the DIS area when you turned the key.....

Last I heard mine was build week 22, so it looks like an 08 model year S3 for me :)

Wonder what the difference between the silver I have and Ice Silver?

When I ordered a silver paint touch up stick the parts dept said my silver is called Silver Sea?

What's the point of the clutch starting thing? Sounds a bit daft to me.

batwad said:
What's the point of the clutch starting thing? Sounds a bit daft to me.

I think the point of it is to stop you starting your car in gear without the clutch depressed!!!

Pressing the clutch when I start the engine is now second nature to me, I don't even think about it, I just do it automatically.

It also saves stress on the starter motor and Audi have been reccomending this for ages in the handbook well before the whole depress the clutch to start issue.

I guess of the 2008 changes state that the clutch needs to be pressed when starting, that means my S3 (delivered at the end of April) is a 2008 then, since I have to do it.........

I guess of the 2008 changes state that the clutch needs to be pressed when starting, that means my S3 (delivered at the end of April) is a 2008 then, since I have to do it.........

Is having to press the clutch to start standard on all S3s?