A3 sline black add headlight

jayjay11

Reaction score
I have a 2010 A3 black addition s line 2.0 TDI with xeon and led headlight Yesterday I hit a bird and the plastic is broken
Does anyone know if and where I can get a replacement 'glass' or a part exchange refurb company It seams a waste to have to buy a new light fitting when it all works perfectly esp in these days of recycling .. Thanks

Whats broken on the lamp? The outside?

i would think the cheapest way to do this is to buy a used halogen headlamp on ebay, heat the lense off it, break yours out, clean the old sealent out and put the new lense on with some new sealent.

i can do the job if required but would want the doner headlight supplied. Also try not get water and moisture into this light or it will ruin them.

Same thing happened on my mates X5, he left it for so long he ended up having to go through insurance as the new headlamp with all the trimmings was 1k.

Trups

yes just the outside is Brocken all works perfectly ok

THanks for that so the plastic on that light will fit my light the first bit of part no is the same but second bit different I take it first part is size ect and second variation

Last edited:
yes. shape of the light on the halogen is the same as the xenon.

By a broken light like in the links and strip it, then do the same with your xenon, clean out the channels where the sealent was and put new sealent in, heat it up with a heatgun and put them in.

you will need the bumper off to carry out the work, or get a local garage to do the work.

Trups