Heated mirror

Buster

Reaction score
My 2001 S3 only has the drivers side heated mirror. Is this normal or should the passanger one be heated also?

The element had gone.... Just buy a replacement mirror glass and fit it, and then it will work.

Think my passenger one has gone too, any idea how much a replacement mirror is? Is it easiest/cheapest to just get it from the local stealer?

[ QUOTE ]
Would it be covered under warrenty?

[/ QUOTE ]

I should think so, if it's an Audi warranty.

Both sides should work (mine do).

mine are both away and have been since I got the car 3 years ago, never bothered to replace them for the revised versions that dont stay on all the time and so burn out prematurely.

my passenger side works but my drivers side has gone - how much is the replacement? would the dealership be the best place to go?

also... i was thinking of getting LHD driver's side glass for the passenger door mirror so i had blindspots on both - is this possible? anyone done it?

When one of mine went, I got a replacement glass from Euro Car Parts. It's fairly easy to fit - just prise out the old mirror and disconnect the terminals, then do the reverse with the new one...

I'm not doing it the stealer will be tomorrow along with the xenon motors and a problem with the CC