2000 S4 Question...PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

• Thread starter imported_ipasgas1
  • Start date
I

imported_ipasgas1

I have a problem and maybe you guys can help me out. I have a 2000 S4 that has 47,000 miles on it and ran great until 2 weeks ago I stalled out for some reason. The car was towed to the foreign auto repair shop here in Cincinnati where they tell me that the timing belt has fallen apart and the engine is now blown. The cost for them to fix mine is between $9,000-$12,000. I called Audi to ask them when they prefer people to check a timing belt and they said around 100,000 miles. They would not help me because this car has a SALVAGE title. Ok...I guess I can understand that. So, since I owe $15,000 on the car now, and don't want to have to put $12,000 into it, I decided to put my car on e-bay and sell it with no reserve starting at $5,000. It is on there right now and it is in great shape as far as the interior and even the exterior. But, I had a guy call me a few hours ago and told me that it would not cost that much (maybe $3,000) to fix this engine, that the repair shop it is at now is a rip-off and they are taking me for a ride!!!! The car dealer already has my bill for the past 2 weeks up to $1,700 for nothing but labor and a new timing belt that I can't even use. WHAT SHOULD I DO??? I don't know what to do...can someone give me the name of a reputable mechanic in CINCINNATI or a vw/audi place to take this??? Why should I have to pay $1,700 for a car that is not running right now???? Do I just give my car away on e-bay???

Sorry to hear about the car. And you only had the car for 2 weeks? Where did you get the car from?

i'm pretty sure you can't get a complete S4 engine for 3k. Did you get the car checked out befor you bought it? I"m not sure about the S4's TB but i wouldn't think it would go out that soon, i would think around 60k+ miles. I'm sure you can find the eingine cheaper somehwere else other than going through a dealer or independant mech, but 3k for a S4 engine is a little too cheap.

Man, you could go to Audi and ask for a brand new engine and it would cost you much less!!!! Don't give up on your car yet!!!

G.

much less than 3g's or 9-12g's?

Well if you don't sell and keep her but want money for the car, you can also consider parting her out. If you do that, hit me up and i'll offer you some money for a lot of those parts