1st audi a3

Karl Mtech Moss

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm new here so first of.....hello,
Right, I got my 1St a3 3 weeks ago after wanting one for years. I swapped it with my Nissan 200sx as the insurance was just way to high.
The Audi was in good knick, just some paint bubbling on the roof and a little on arches.
Sadly I got mugged off though, my luck with swapping cars was bound to run out! It is a 1.8 sport non Turbo and has had the s3 bumpers and interior fitted so Looks great, but mechanically it's ****, the gearbox engine mount bolt sheared off and was sellotaped together :/ the lower.right ball joint is knocking, the left cv joint is ****ed, the exhaust has been bodged up, the front disks and pads are so low it Looks like the have never been changed and the sonic has been drilled so many times it sounds kack, my question is this, has anybody on here got any spares that if I pay postage or u don't live to far from me I can pick up and donate to my get the car is a decent road worthy state fund: ) please. The wife and I have just moved house so funds are a bear minimal, any help would be greatly appreciated
I live in weymouth, Dorset
cheers in advance, Oh my email address is tlmossy@sky.com. if u can help please email me as it's easier for me to check them at work.
Thanks again
Karl

Good Morning Karl, welcome to audi-sport.net. Hopefully the guys will be able to help you out. I wish you luck, it sure sounds like it has many issues. What year is the car? Any pics? :) x

It has loads of probs and the really sad thing is my Nissan was a 1996 with only 49,000 and was mint, Oh Well, u win some u loose some. The a3 is a S reg so 1998 I believe, I'll try and do some pics soon

FB IMG 13455426195992591

anything people are willing to offer but the main things are as follows: Lower ball joints, CV's, Brake disks, engine/gearbox mount, exhaust (backbox) Air filter, original airbox has been drilled nd sounds aweful. I thinkk thats the major bits bud

I've got a good osf lower arm with the ball joint, but bear in mind it's from a S3 so not sure it's going to fit yours, best you check it out first.
What back box is in it at the minute? Is it an S3 exhaust made to fit? Id get new cv joints myself as the only reason people would remove them is if they were shot!
Airbox wise you may be best on eBay but don't forget, the seat Leon, golf mk4 gti and obviously A3 are the same (as long as off a 1.8 20v) and I wouldn't fit 2nd hand discs, try euro car parts, they do a budget range an you'd probably pick a pair of discs up for £20-£25

The exhaust is standard but the ninety who had it before me welded a twin tip to the chassis so it looked like the s3 exhaust. Would a s3 exhaust fit? Co's the boot is different underneath on the a3 and s3 right. I think most of the parts on a a3 1.8s/1.8t/s3 are the same. Please correct me if I'm wrong.