Finally!

FactionOne

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Right then folks, it's not really major news to the rest of the world but still...

I registered here on Audi-Sport.net all the way back on the 23rd of May 2004; having had an interest in motoring for a long time, and recently become the proud owner of my first Audi, the car I wanted over all others... (Lottery wins excluded!)...

So here I am, on my 407th post, reporting the news that this afternoon I passed my driving test /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

That's right folks, I've been a ****** learner all this time. I hasten to add that I'm not totally inept, and the main reason I've owned a car for so long without actually sitting a test is my work. It's one of the main reasons I need a licence, and the antisocial hours and european travel it commands have been the main hinderance in getting my stuff together.

Anyway, I took my first test this afternoon in Preston and thankfully passed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif - albeit with a few errors (driving to pass a test is pretty tricky when you actually come to do it eh?).

So, I just wanted to let you all know of my little development /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ...And to those of you who've dismantled your pride and joy to any degree based in any part on my previous advice, and are now feeling slightly paranoid about the fact it was coming from someone with L-plates... 1) Those who asked the question about my licence had it answered honestly, and 2) I wouldn't advise anything that I either hadn't or wouldn't do to my own car.

Anyway, it's all about feeding the obsession now, and I've already got plans for the next round of mods! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Take it easy folks, and thanks for making my time spent here so far as enjoyable as it has been...

Rob.

PS>>> NW Members - hit THIS THREAD!!!

Wicked, so how much was insurance? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

nice one dude, what a new years present.

take it ez out there man /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif i remember my first time on my own in a car, it's really scary - mostly because it was the first time i'd ever floored a car in first (on tarmac at least), and i reaaaaly wasn't expecting it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

man, you got an awesome looking car for your first motor too! certainly better than my (coral) beige mk1 McFesta sh1tbucket that i had....

Hey folks,

Thanks for the kind words of encouragement.

You're right, it's a great feeling - quite strange too. I'm not over used to being the only person in the car, and while it's really exciting, it's very strange at the moment, I temporarilly removed my stereo kit for my test too, so last night I was driving around for a while with nobody in the car to talk to, and no radio to listen to; that's a new one on me, and was most odd for the first time! ...Being the person behind the wheel whilst cruising up the M6 early this morning was different too!

JoJo; I originally got it insured in November 04, and it came in at about £1700 (comp) for my Dad and myself as second driver on a provisional; it dropped to about £1400 this time. ...Pretty pricey, but I'd decided that I was five years late driving, and wasting most of my income, so I decided I'd get the car I wanted and maybe cut down on the beer and fags a little!

...Right, I've got seats to swap-over, stereo to re-install, and a Road Angel power problem to figure out before the mayhem tonight, so it's off to the garage and probably Halfords! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Thanks again guys,

A still over-the-moon Rob.

Ah Rob, that's fantastic news, well done - you did it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I wondered how you were getting along with it all.

A good friend of mine at work also just passed her test. She's had a car for a while too. Maybe it's a new trend?

Good on ya fella. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

Rob

Congratulations matey! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Its a great feeling... Take it easy...

Congrats Rob, freedom at last!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Nothing like the feeling of knowing you can just get in the car and go wherever you want (within reason! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif). Enjoy and have a good New Year.

Woah!!!

Thanks again for all your congratulations and encouragement folks, much appreciated! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

It's still not sunk-in properly; but I keep getting little happy feelings as I hit another first. I would even go so far as to say I was enjoying myself as I drove through Belmont over the top of the west pennine moors in about five yards' visibility with no front fogs and approximately 1 in 100 cats-eyes working /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif (...It'd be nicer still with some music, but that's a whole other story!)

I did my first stint as designated dirver last night, again an experience filled with firsts... Not much more needs to be said about that though!

Anyway, sincerely thanks again for all your kind words /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Take it easy,

Rob.